Hordeside Story: RnP goes red!

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Dremonth » 14 Jun 2011, 09:44

A reminder to y'all. Red Banner is tonight, at 20:00 as usual!

On the table we have a possible IC instance run if enough people show their uggly mugs.
Dremonth
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 14 Jun 2011, 16:30

Kithrega just got to level 18, so I'm ready for action :D
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Dremonth » 14 Jun 2011, 18:13

Due to circumstances beyond my control I can't attend tonight, whoever does attend please do enjoy yourselves though and provide a Report in this thread if you can.
Dremonth
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 14 Jun 2011, 22:28

Quick placeholder reply, report is currently being written up as I type. May be posted late tonight or tomorrow, depending on how carried away I get. I am not a quick writer, but this is too fun to stop now :Q
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 15 Jun 2011, 01:08

<This report is written on numerous pieces of parchment, the thickness of the report looking more like a novel. The size of the text, while clearly written in Orcish, shows that Lokni has written this by coating his finger in ink, instead of using a quill. Numerous diagrams are littered throughout the report>

So we enter our 5th week of "Adventure" within the Red Banner organisation. We received no word from the so-called "Boss Lady", but eventually we met up within the Crossroads yet again. This was fortunate as I had only awakened two minutes prior, but resting in the Crossroad's inn has it's benefits. Even if the floor does look like it hasn't been swept in several years. As usual, the elf and the "post-human", Kalsera and Calindei were there, alongside the fourth member. Seemingly, this member changes week to week and therefore I have summised he or she must be a shapeshifter. First it was a male Troll, the next week it was a male Goblin, the week after it was a female Tauren. This week, it turned out to be of the form of a Orc female, going by the name of Kithrega. The other members do not believe this is such, but the only other possible explainations would be that the new recruits keep getting themselves killed, or there is a severe lack of discipline within the Red Banner. I find both of these explainations harder to believe then the first, so I shall call this shapeshifter "Kith" to avoid confusion. A shame, I quite liked the Tauren female. She was actually polite and respectful.
After almost thirty minutes, we decided to head off in search of work by heading west out of the Crossroads. We came upon a bunker, where one "Regthar Deathgate" resided. Kith did not want to show her face, apparently having a pre-existing relationship with this Regthar, that being she punched one of his teeth out. Why she didn't just change her form again, I cannot fathom, but perhaps she or he is still hiding their true nature from the other members of the Banner. Fortunately, Regthar did have some work for us. This involved removing a centaur threat from the lake south of the bunker, including taking the head of their leader and bringing it back. We performed this task admirably...

... Calindei was thrilled by the collection of the leader's head that she took it upon herself to carry it back to the bunker, by attaching it to her belt.
When we returned, we were adequately rewarded for our task, but the centaur started attacking the bunker from the west. The stench of the centaur was so strong, I had to coat my nose in yellow ink, which has a lovely scent of Mulgore about it. Through dedication and teamwork, we fought off the aggressors, although injuries were sustained.
Fortunately, our healing powers were able to deal with these, and we were rewarded for our efforts. With the job done, Kalsera remembered a notice mentioning a missing caravan off to the east of the Barrens. We headed straight for it's last known location. We found it just outside of the goblin town called "Ratshit". Why these goblins have to give their towns such vulgar names, I do not know. The name is certainly appropiate given the smell from the place. In any case, we found the caravan ransacked and the kodo slain. Tracks soon led us north, where we found a troll hiding under a tree. He asked us to test his new "Voodoo traps" for him, although it took us some time to understand what he wanted, since he suffered from an awkward lisp. Still, northward bound, we came upon some raptor nests, littered with numerous possessions not native to the raptors. It was clear these beasts were the thieves that had attacked the caravan. After testing the traps, which successfully reduced the size of the raptors to that of most cubs, we proceeded to slay a great number of them, recovering a chest of silver in the process. Further more, we came across an alpha-male raptor, clearly seen by the large horn sticking out of his nose. Kalsera remembered the horn was wanted by a greedy goblin within Ratshit, so we dealt with it too, and took the horn as our prize.

As we made our way back, we reported the effects of the trap to the troll, who then realised he didn't have a way to enlarge the raptors again. Still, he paid well and we made our way into Ratshit. We delievered the raptor horn to some greedy goblin, who proceeded to make a drink from it, of all things. He commented that the drink had a vile taste to it. This news wasn't received well by Calindei. It didn't go down well with Kalsera either...

...still, as the moon started rising into the night sky, Calindei popped into the local tavern for a light snack...

...and soon returned, mentioning a Theramore engineer was within the tavern and that he had some schematics on him wanted by yet another greedy goblin. After a brief display of unmitigated rage by Kalsera, we had the schematic in our possession. We received a fair reward for our work, but whether any of this was for the good of the Red Banner remains to be seen. After a hard night's work, we all parted ways. Upon my return to Thunder Bluff, I received wonderful news: Stompy has finished having his bath and could be returned to me. It will be nice to have the kodo back again. He is such a good listener and never grumbles except when hungry. Then again, don't we all?

I still wonder why my daughter signed up for this line of work... with some of the things I have seen during my time here, perhaps it was for the best she did not live to see what lay in store for her. I shall honour the agreement she made though, despite the hardship I have since endured. I'm really getting too old for this.

Report written by Lokni Thunderhoof.

At the bottom of the last page of the report is a strange set of markings. Whether or not these were intentionally put there will be a question many sages will be asking themselves for years to come...

Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 15 Jun 2011, 13:08

How long does it take to bathe a kodo? Do I even want to know? Anyway, great report, loved the pictures.

Just thought I'd add that we're up to level 20 now and there seems to be hope of hitting SFK next time if we can get a full group. Just want to remind people that each class has a specific quest there at 20 (I believe they all point there anyway) so it can't hurt to pick that up if you can just in case we go.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Dremonth » 21 Jun 2011, 17:48

Attention red bannerites! Despite the fact that today is Red Banner day, roughly half of our active members are otherwise occupied, therefore I am going to call it off to prevent further fragmentation. That and the interest of doing an IC instancerun was there last week, and the chance of getting the people needed would be low at the time.

And thats it, you are of course free to level your proffessions in this downtime if you want, or the people trailing behind can even out the playing field (lvl 20 at the time) if they so wish.

But as a TL;DR, Red Banner day this week postponed for next week!
Dremonth
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Puffitt » 21 Jun 2011, 20:19

I am back off of holiday and shall be returning next week. I shall get Smub to 20.
Puffitt
Cheese master.

Topic/Postby Kayora » 28 Jun 2011, 21:14

<This weeks report is written on an extremely filthy and dusty piece of parchment, probably actually found within shadow fang keep, you seem to be able to make out a cobweb and a blackish redish smudge where a spider presumably died. The handwriting is spindly, and written in a worryingly crimson "ink">

This week the group set out with some far more fun orders than usual. We met with our Boss in the Crossroads, and after much threatening and complaining (mostly on Kalsera's part) we were given the wondrous orders to return to Silverpine and to Commander Belmont!
We were dispatched to a place known at Shadow Fang Keep, it was once overrun by worgen and foul gilneans, but now, thanks to the Forsaken, we are cleansing it with the New Plague! Leaving behind a much larger infestation of much fouler undead!

It was here that we discovered we were being followed, some troll.. I never did get his name.. had wandered in after us. And since he didn't want money, but didn't mind killing, we let him come with us to settle the score with a few ghosts.

(He's the blue one.)

Our first task was to kill some guy. I can't remember his name. Had a nice hat. Wasn't edible.
Second we entered the kitchens.. which proved a little more to my liking, and slew some ghost in the banquet hall. At this point we were rudely interrupted by "High Warlord Cromush", whoever that is, who came to make sure we and Commander Belmont weren't "infecting the place with a monstrous plaaguueee.." Here he is below. Doesn't even know not to stand on tables.

After this we hurried on, slaying more humans.
The battlements were truly beautiful, if I make enough money from this, I'm definitely going back to this place on a holiday.

Towards the end of the Keep, we approached the final corpse-to-be: Lord Godfrey. Yeah, that Lord Godfrey.
It turns out he had caught Cromash and poisoned him, or something.. then later on he INSULTED THE LADY SYLVANAS .
It took a lot to take him down, and I was too busy blasting to notice, but apparently Sychamo - who was taking some real blows from Godfrey - passed out from the punishment. I had thought Kalsera was just standing there, but it turns out she was healing. (and we all know what " healing " is an excuse for..) She did actually apologise to Sychamo after she came around again, Lady knows what that was all about.
Anyway. We absolutely 100% killed Godfrey. He won't be getting back up again

I'll be staying here in the empty Keep for a bit now with Commander Belmont, I believe the rest of the group are back in the Crossroads. I may be staying here for a while, as there is still Forsaken work to be done here. Plague to spread, Worgen to burn...

Report written by Calindei Marcross
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 28 Jun 2011, 21:32

Note to self - Look up recipe for Tauren Ribs.
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Kayora
Rhymer

PreviousNext

Return to Events.