Hordeside Story: RnP goes red!

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 11 Sep 2012, 15:10

Un'goro Crater. We've just moved to the second quest hub.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 11 Sep 2012, 15:50

Yep, do all the quests at Marshal's camp up to the point you are told to go to that goblin place... that's where we're at.

I'm also using this post as a placeholder for my report. It's in the works, notes are down but it's going to be late. Probably going to be after this week's report at this rate.
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 16 Sep 2012, 16:49

To the Boss Lady,
It’s been some time since I sent a report, mostly because we’ve not had any contact from you whatsoever for the past few months.

Anyway. I am writing to happily inform you that I am, by far, more powerful than I was before. I feel this self-growth merits a larger pay-check, don’t you? Though right now I’m still thoroughly enjoying the teams stay in Un’Goro crater. The mission report is as follows.

Lokni, Kalsera and I met up at the Mossy Pile (a camp full of Goblins), only to hear an unruly racket of gunshots and swearing somewhere to the east. Last week some scum-pile was yelling about slaying a dragon, and I, assuming it was the same idiot, rushed off to shove an imp down his gullet. (I have many more imps these days, it’s quite remarkable.)

Sadly, the scum-pile turned out to be Jonesy. Returned from oh, how many weeks of desertion? I’d thought that Lokni would have rushed to greet his friend, but maybe he really is getting old, as he barely intervened while Kalsera berated Jonesy for desertion. He excused himself with the claim that he’d been following up a lead on his lost sister.

Give me the go-ahead, and I’ll hack off one of his arms. Should be hard to find in all this jungle.

Still, we had work to do, and four men are more efficient than three. We brought down several pterrodax, taking their scales for some goblins idiotic plan for a flying machine. Then- much more fun, we set off for the northern tar pits where we got to slay tar-monsters, as well as swim in the pools for tar-blossom. Kalsera and Lokni pointedly refused, so Jonesy and I spent the rest of the mission covered in black goo. It really was wonderful.

After this we moved further north, into the hills, to a now abandoned Alliance camp. The area was completely destroyed, stone guardians roaming about. The only real sign that it was once inhabited was a small, thrown-together graveyard. Still, we’re nothing if not professional plunderers.

We gathered up the remaining supply crates, the stone guardians proved not to like this, and attacked any time we got close to a crate.
More interesting than their behaviour, however, was the cave set into the hills. Inside, besides a load more supply crates, were glowing, eerie crystals. The place was absolutely covered. We cleared the cave of guardians, but on the way back Kalsera (completely disorientated) fell over.

As we brought her around she garbled complete gibberish, she wanted to stay in the cave with the pretty crystals- so I told Lokni to carry her outside. He seemed quite reluctant, but saw sense in what I was saying, and luckily Kalsera didn’t object. Once outside she recovered a bit, however once we’d returned to the Mossy Pile, she had an “epiphany” on how really, Dwarves might be at normal height, and the rest of us are just freakishly tall.

This resulted in her kneeling to the nearest dwarf, and worshipping her as a queen before we could drag her away again.
I’d find that amusing, if it wasn’t a Dwarf.

With new missions, we promptly slew a particularly enormous tar-beast, and headed back north to yet another cave. This one was slightly different, in that it was infested with monkeys rather than crystals. This was the task (her-royal-highness) the dwarf had given us, first to skin the monkeys for their fur, and second to find the malfunctioning monkey robot a goblin had built.

Goblins. Need I say more?

The robot, A-Me 01 was slumped outside by a pool. We thought she was dead, until a few sparks flew from her eyes and she requested coco-nut milk.
I’m not surprised Lokni doubts his sanity so frequently.

Fine. Robotic coco-nut milk. We found a coconut underneath a nearby tree, cracked it open and fed it into the robot mouth. And for all the good it was worth she only gave us her data file and told us to take it back to the Mossy Pile.

Boring.

What was more interesting? We also had to kill a slightly bigger ape within the cave. And as we battled through to him, I grew horns! A second pair, that is, I already fashioned some horns of my own from the dinosaur-bones I was preoccupied with. I told you I was more powerful now, fel magic truly is fantastic. I glow purple, I grow horns- Jonesy was rather shocked when I leapt into a full demonic form.
I love that terrified look on their faces.

After this, we went back again. And gathered our rewards. As one final task for the day, a goblin bid us head back to the crystal cave and examine an ancient crystal pylon on the cliff. Apparently there are four pylons on all sides of the crater, and this one really was mysterious. As we approached the pylon sent out beams of light from the crystal, beams that vanished somewhere out in the jungle. We agreed it was probably a bad idea to keep fiddling with it, but something strange is going on in that crater.
Still. We’ll be leaving soon. I’m sure it doesn’t matter.

Signed,
Calindei Marcross
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 16 Sep 2012, 16:50

..Sorry Lokni, had to beat you to it! I'm planning a story of how Cal's gotten her new abilities though, so to hell with chronology.
And while I'm at it, pretty sure I can attend this Tuesday.
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 24 Sep 2012, 15:57

So.. Hordeside as usual, right?

I kid, I kid...
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 24 Sep 2012, 16:29

Heh. I imagine we'll be distracted. I'll be online though. :P

Also report is late due to me being a lame lamer of lame lameness.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 24 Sep 2012, 19:36

Won't be around I'm afraid... got called in to work a shift at the pub from 20:00 to 24:00
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 09 Oct 2012, 16:46

You're not sure what happened to this report. You're not sure you want to know. Given it's condition you should probably not let it touch your bare skin.

CONFOUND THIS HELL HOLE OF A JUNGLE! Do you know how hard it was to find paper out here? The heat and humidity is making Calindei smell vile. That said I can't be much better. My sweat is pooling in my armour. It normally soaks into the inner padding but if I good too long without taking of my boots the start making sloshing noises.

Can we go somewhere cold next? Interestingly Carl is proving to be an eager cook. Though I'll not be letting him cook stew or soup given the state of his fingers. When we last met he was preparing foood in fact. Sadly we had no time to eat it. Maybe that was why Calindei was being particularly grumpy... or not, who knows?

We traveled back to that blasted humans camp with information on the pylon for the gnome there. She thanked us and offered nothing helpful. Typical. Next we travelled to some Hot Springs. No time for fun though. Some idiot human came up and asked me to be his squire. Given that he was a knight too I can only assume he knew how insulting he was being and was trying to goad me. So we all ignored the twit and let him run off to shout about Dragons.

Then an archaeologist asked us to collect dinosaur bones. I believe standard procedure is to dig them out of the ground. Instead he had us dig them out of living dinosaurs. He's a goblin what do you expect?

After this Calindei got very excited about something at the bottom of a water filled pit. She cast a water breathing spell on us and implored us to follow. It was an extremely long swim and there was nothing at the bottom. Apparently she wanted to show us how deep it was. I'll let that sink in. First she starts attracted wild imps, then she takes on a semi-demonic form in battle... now she's going insane. I know someone who went down a similar path. It did not end well. Can we do something about her? I don't wish her harm but... she needs to be stopped before she becomes a danger to herself and others.

So we were given a device that lead us to a massive fossil. It had been damaged by a dwarf so we went and killed him because apparently that's not an overreaction at all. For the Horde where we solve every problem with violence. Clumsy dwarves, kill them! Useless gnomes? Apparently they get to live. Light knows why.

This dwarf had apparently been studying a possible correlation between the pylons and Un'goro's strangely ecosystem. It seems completely unaffected by the lands around or their weather. Apparently this may be the work of the titans. Given what we found in Tanaris I'm inclined to agree. Perhps we should resort to intellectual debate before murder. Unlikely but a knight can dream.

So we went to look at the Western Pylon. Here I shared my theories in detail. Lokni proposed that if the pylons could be reverse engineered and my theories were correct we could revitalise the plaguelands. A noble idea. Once you get past his rampant senility Lokni really is a likeable sort. If only he could stay coherent long enough to provide more intelligent conversation. Sadloy Calindei was resistant to our revitalisation project and went on a rant about human trying to take Undercity back. I fear she represents the general forsaken view in this regard. A shame. We don't like having the plagued land on the doorstep on Quel'thalas. What to do?

We had by now gathered all the power crystals that Gnome asked for. Given the effect they have on my in high concentrations I let the other carry them. My past experiences have left me somewhat susceptible to my people's addiction to the arcane when exposed to high quantities of magic. Upsetting as most Sin'dorei are no longer affected. Though I guess despite my having healed, I'm technically still Wretched. You knew that right? Who am I kidding? You probably don't know what it means.

Anyway I was glad to be rid of the crystals. The gnome was still useless but that was less disappointing this time. So we went out hunting Raptors to get to a large specimen called Lar'torwi. We even had to allow ourselves to be poisoned by raptors to build up a resistance.

We then went collecting Lar'towi's mates' eggs as bait. The whole thing ended with me yelling at Calindei for some reason that escapes me. Oh well she probably deserved it.

Yours

Kalsera Waveseeker nee Starweaver, Knight of Quel'thalas.

((I genuinely can't remember why Kal was yelling at Cal but the last line of my notes says "Yell at Cal".))
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 09 Oct 2012, 16:48

Sorry that was so late. Are we on tonight?
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Kayora » 09 Oct 2012, 16:56

It's funny how just because it was a few weeks back I'm pleasantly surprised to have my actions listed back at me, and only faintly remember them. Incidentally, I wager that Carl makes a great cook as his bone-fingers add flavour to the stock!

And yes- I'm on for tonight
Kayora
Rhymer

PreviousNext

Return to Events.