Westfall Awareness

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Kayora » 26 Jan 2012, 18:42

Westfall Awareness

<On the great mess of parchment, ink and miscellanea that is the Rhyme and Punishment bulletin board, a new notice can be seen, pinned in the centre and written in cramped red ink.>

ATTENTION!
Since the Cataclysm much more has been shattered than the city of Stormwind or the ecology of its environs. The already tenuous social climate of Westfall has dropped from a strenuous and difficult was of life, to one of day-to-day suffering and desolation. Migrants and miscreants have flocked to the land and filled it to breaking point, in much the same way the stonemasons of Stormwind fled to it years ago. And it is a well-known fact that history often repeats itself.
For this reason, the priests of Northshire Abbey and the Cathedral of Light have been heading a charity service, diverting as much food sources as possible to ease the pain of the vagrants in Westfall. Both as an act of human kindness, and in hope that it will be a deterrent to those that might become bandits, as happened the last time.
Resources, however, are slim. And so I, Kayora Ethenvale, am now hosting an even to bring as much awareness to the problem as possible. I ask you to prepare whatever food you can, any spare clothes you might have, or even labour you might be able to provide. It is necessary to take these people off the roads and allow them the chance of a future, than ignore the problem and let their self-pity grow to resentment.

The event is still in its planning stages, and I am open to any ideas or offers a fellow guild member might have. I can be contacted by post at any time, and feel free to spread the word.
This is not closed to followers of the Light only, only those with the morality and sense to give to the unfortunate.

Thank you.

I'd like it to be open to people outside the guild, so I'll place this on the forums once we have it more hammered out.

Lastly, phasing is important. If you've done the Westfall quests up to it burning, you'll have to come on a different character. It's irritating, but that's how it is. I've done the quests to get Westfall Stew, an actual item I can place that'll have vagrants flocking around to eat it, and you're welcome to do those quests too! The soup can be placed anywhere, no limit, just don't hand the quest in.

I think that's it, might add more later.
I hope this font is acceptable to you picky types, too. :E
Thoughts?>
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sigmard » 26 Jan 2012, 23:55

I love this idea! As a Westfall lad, born and raised, Sigmard would be really interested in this, but I'm afraid I might have done Westfall quests! Well... he WOULD go and help out.

He's also a bit injured at the moment, but it'll probably be cleared up by then. Delandra, on the other hand, hasn't... and as a goodie-two-shoes, would be most willing to help! Like you said, the phasing issue will be a problem. I will post up any ideas I have, but as for the moment, I've only just got back from a performance and so my brain is not very inspirational at the mo! :E
Sigmard
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 30 Jan 2012, 14:14

Can always do some ingredient gathering.... Like fishing and clobbering animals. Either in Westall itself, or in Elwynn Forest.

I did the original Westfall quests, so shouldn't be phased.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Tiermaya » 30 Jan 2012, 16:06

I'm fairly sure I could bring Tier or Maribeth. Solantra would actually be the most suitable character but she's done the quests.

Tier giving handouts to poor people would be a little daft, which gave me an idea. What if we added a debate (could be an associated event held before hand or could be the first section of the event) where one side is charitable folk who need funding and want the nobles to help and the other side being sheltered nobles who don't know how bad things are and are angry at being asked for money for nothing.

Only problem with it is it could detract from the main purpose of the event or get to topical by turning into "Occupy Stormwind".

But if you like it I'd be happy for Tier to head up the one percent- I mean Nobles should I be able to make it.
Serendipity wrote:****ing Royal Mail! They're about as much use as a condom made of tissue paper.
Tiermaya
WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AAHH!

Topic/Postby Erethas » 30 Jan 2012, 18:13

Tiermaya wrote:Tier giving handouts to poor people would be a little daft, which gave me an idea. What if we added a debate (could be an associated event held before hand or could be the first section of the event) where one side is charitable folk who need funding and want the nobles to help and the other side being sheltered nobles who don't know how bad things are and are angry at being asked for money for nothing.

You guys know I am up for that.

Tiermaya wrote:Only problem with it is it could detract from the main purpose of the event or get to topical by turning into "Occupy Stormwind".

GET A QUEST YOU SLACKERS
You are now breathing manually.
Erethas
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 30 Jan 2012, 19:09

The debate idea sounds interesting, continuation of Erethas's political events but with an added charity drive at the end. Problem is having an organised debate with an opposing side would suggest if the other side "won" then there would be no event afterwards. Someone in the crowds could speak out against helping the lazy in Westfall, but then it would be hard to justify the entire group stopping and having a debate over whether the donation is right or wrong.
Still, I'd like to do that, there are probably more ways to get the debate side in than just those two options.

Serendipity wrote:Can always do some ingredient gathering.... Like fishing and clobbering animals. Either in Westall itself, or in Elwynn Forest

Or a large drive of people doing the cooking daily under the pretence the food is for Westfall, not the orphans.. etc. Then I suppose the journey to Westfall afterwards is just by those that want to see the food delivered also.

Nice ideas here, forgive me if I'm a bit slow on the uptake since I'm busy with exams all this week, thanks!
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Nivalis » 31 Jan 2012, 18:15

I love that idea Kayora.

If theres anything I can do to help let me know <3

xxx

Plexx
Nivalis
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 11 Feb 2012, 19:49

Note from Kayora: Only just returned to Stormwind, to forgive me for not updating this sooner. I was trying to escape the stench of “Love is in the air”, but have had to return for tomorrow’s alehouse night. Alas.

ATTENTION!
Since the Cataclysm much more has been shattered than the city of Stormwind or the ecology of its environs. The already tenuous social climate of Westfall has dropped from a strenuous and difficult way of life, to one of day-to-day suffering and desolation. Migrants and miscreants have flocked to the land and filled it to breaking point, in much the same way the stonemasons of Stormwind fled to it years ago. And it is a well-known fact that history often repeats itself.
For this reason, the priests of Northshire Abbey and the Cathedral of Light have been spearheading a charity service, diverting as much food and resources as possible to help ease the pain of the vagrants in Westfall. Both as an act of human kindness, and in hope that it will be a deterrent to those that might resort to banditry and theiving.
Resources, however, are slim. Much of our supplies are currently committed to the war effort in Twilight Highlands, and the rest are already stretched helping elsewhere after the Cataclsym. Because of this I, Kayora Ethenvale, am now hosting an even to bring as much awareness to the problem as possible. I ask you to prepare whatever food you can, any spare clothes you might have, or whatever labour you might be able to provide such as the transport of livestock or bandages. It is necessary to take these people off the roads and allow them the chance of a future, rather than ignore the problem and nurture their resentment.

Any willing donors or volunteers are welcome, regardless of their creed (Not all those that are charitable follow the Light) to meet on the 18th of February at 20:30 outside the Stockades where Robby Flay (Head Chef) has agreed to direct our food-gathering effort. From there those that bought donations can come forward, then those that want to accompany us to Westfall will act as a guard for the caravan until we reach Sentinel Hill. All donations are welcome. Please direct any further questions to Kayora Ethenvale.

Thank you.

[list]
[*]Meet at Stockades and do the cooking daily under the new quest that whatever food he sends us to gather will be for the Westfall Awareness scheme, not the orphans or the king etc..[/*:m]
[*] Anyone with further donations, not that I really expect to be given Embersilk bandages, can come forward. GHI items or just “/e gives Kayora 553 lemons” will be acceptable, and you’re not exactly going to be penalised for bringing nothing, either. [/*:m]
[*] From there you CAN leave the event (leaving before this point will lead to prosecution.) and those that want to head down to Westfall on a slow march can come to guide our invisible wagon full of donations. [/*:m]
[*] The march down IS the time to chat and bring up any arguments you might have. As I’ve said, there’s not really a way I can arrange a debate on “the morals of donating to Westfall”, but if you bring up some opposition at this point it’ll probably be discussed as we walk anyway. Though I can’t guarantee some hot-head won’t demand you go back to Stormwind for being an uncharitable ass.[/*:m]
[*] Once in Westfall we’ll make stops and give out Westfall Stew to as many areas as possible. We’ll take the long loop around Westfall, Jansen Stead to Moonbrook to Sentinel Hill where we stop. [/*:m]
[*]After that I suppose a closing thank you speech will be in order, and you’re all free to return to Stormwind via hobo-air and grab a drink at the Recluse![/*:m][/list:u]

Forum post should include all this, plus a mention about getting the Westfall Stew item, which I fully encourage. So, any problems before going ahead?
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Kayora » 12 Feb 2012, 20:13

Okidoke, put it up on the forums. - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3313036893
Kayora
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Finna » 13 Feb 2012, 14:27

You should put a hole in the walking mass, as if there's a wagon riding there :)

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Next

Return to Events.