Tormeron's events

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 06 Jan 2016, 20:37

It deleted my .bak file... But i suspect it's not the wow that did it... i suspect my antivirus...

stupid bitdefender Anti ransomeware protection! Why you do this?!
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 13 Jan 2016, 09:46

Event tonight at 21:00 (gathering) 21:15 (starting)
Leading: Adrenus

Double post merged on 13 Jan 2016 10:46

GHI addon is not required, It is recommended for better RP immersion.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 13 Jan 2016, 10:49

Here's my burnt beef with yesterday's event: we did not accomplish anything. At all. We didn't catch the cultists. We didn't get any new information about them. We don't know what they want. We don't know where they went. We don't really know why we should care.

We were, in fact, doomed to fail right from the start, unless we had picked up on the subtle hint that the agent was not what she seemed. Of course we didn't.

We don't even have any real motive for chasing them, except "Joe asked us". At this point, Joe has pretty much become a smug annoying questgiver who shows up every now and then and gives a hint of "vagueness is coming". Having the cultists get away from us doesn't make me want to chase them even further - it makes me want to say "oh well," forget about them and move on.

And I can't figure out the illogicality of the opponents' actions. From the cultists' point of view, what was the point of having us chase them only to fail?

The false agent sent us in the correct direction to follow the caravan. Did they want us to catch up with them? If so, why didn't they just wait for us somewhere? Or did they not want us to catch them? If so, the false agent could just have given us completely wrong directions to begin with. Was the cultists' real goal to make us run just around the Barrens and waste a few hours for no reason? If so, well, they succeeded overwhelmingly.

"Let's give them the illusion that they might catch up with us, but then make them fail. They'll be frustrated and stressed and then they will get heartburn during the night when they're trying to sleep. That's so eeeeevil of us! Bu-wa-ha-ha-haaaa!"
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 13 Jan 2016, 19:17

I got the feeling later on in the event that the orc patrol that stopped us earlier had been the cultists in disguise. But there were only 5 of them so I dunno.

But I'm inclined to agree with Gergel overall in this instance. Though I've not been along for most of the times we've encountered Joe (last time I was there to see Joe was in Icecrown I think :P), so I can't really comment much on him specifically.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 13 Jan 2016, 19:30

Alright, just to clear this out, I am sorry you feel this was a waste of time, It wasn't supposed to make you feel that way, it was maybe too story focused (behind the scenes, so to speak)

You all forget a key part of this all that i explained to Aroona after the event.

Your entire intel on the cultist is based on what the disguised cultist said, Joe didn't mention how many they are.
As Joe has pointed out at the end, he found the corpse of the real agent which was dead already a day before you arrived.

Also, Joe did try and offer his help at the end with finding out the real intel by reanimating the head which was declined by Lilandris (rightly so, but still).

Maybe I should have made it more obvious.

It was supposed to make you feel a desire to discover who those people are who pulled you that far.

One more point I'd like to point out, The real cultist, probably never entered Ogrimmar.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 13 Jan 2016, 21:35

Yeah, I'll admit my character kinda blocked the final point of the evening. But it was most IC of her to do so in this particular case.

I won't be so harsh as to say the event was a waste of time, because I still had a good time all in all. The RP might have been somewhat superficial, but I still enjoy having the opportunity to RP outside Stormwind regardless. And even if the event itself might have turned out poorly, I know you are able to learn from it and move on, Tormeron :)

So not a waste at all to me, really.
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 13 Jan 2016, 22:28

I want to apologise if my previous post gave the impression that I considered the event to have been a waste of time. It was not a waste of time for me, the player. I enjoyed the event just as I usually do.

The chase was a waste of time from the perspective of the characters involved. We ended up achieving nothing at all. It was doomed to be a dead end from the very beginning in Ratchet. The cultists got away and we don't have any more information about their motives, intentions or whereabouts. And we don't really have any particular personal interest or stake in chasing them down either.

Joe just popped up last week and went "There's a bunch of people that have done me wrong. Be dears and go hunt them down for me, would you kindly?" And of course we the players would not just say "sod off Joe, we've had enough of you," because this chase was clearly the event's objective. So now when Joe afterwards said "I do admit that they won't be coming after me any time soon," we can pretty much respond with "great, mission complete, time to move on."
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 13 Jan 2016, 23:42

Gergel on 13 Jan 2016 23:28 wrote:I want to apologise if my previous post gave the impression that I considered the event to have been a waste of time. It was not a waste of time for me, the player. I enjoyed the event just as I usually do.

thanks for that clarification, I did missunderstand that as you, the player, finding it a waste of time

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Finna » 25 Jan 2016, 23:40

Anything going on the 26th?

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 26 Jan 2016, 22:41

yep, tonight there is an event at 21:00.

There is an event on Tuesdays unless I say there isn't.

Double post merged on 26 Jan 2016 23:41

Next week treasure hunting at silver pine with Claraa and Olivia (NPC)

Tormeron
The soup master

PreviousNext

Return to Events.