WoW: Hardcore mode (Majestico's idea)

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 16 Apr 2008, 15:10

WoW: Hardcore mode (Majestico's idea)

As he hasn't had the opportunity to post about it and I've got quite a bit of my lunch hour left, I thought I better post about the challenge Majestico and a few of us put together last night.

Most of you have probably heard of, or even played, Diablo's Hardcore mode (you die once, that's it) and some may even have tried to do it in WoW. Well, we've got a bit of a challenge for anyone who wishes to join in.

Server: Ravenholdt

What we are doing is creating 1 Horde character for each class (9 in total). Try to get as far as you can without dying. Once a character has died you need to post the character's name, race, class and level here (You can continue to play the character after this, but that character will be removed from the competition with the score set at where they died). Your character's levels will then be averaged out to work out your score.

As we're unlikely to be able to form a guild to gather under everyone needs to join the channel rnphardcore so that we can keep in touch while making our attempts.

You cannot share items between the characters.

Resurrection
As far as I can remember we agreed that Warlock's could use Soulstones... though don't quote me. We haven't made a decision as yet about Shaman's self res...

No other form of resurrection counts.

Example Score: (Highest Level, Deaths, Avg Score)
Cherwina: (7, 0, 1.44)
[INDENT]
(Current Level, /Played)
  • Paladin: (6, ~1.5 hours)
  • Warrior: (not started)
  • Rogue: (not started)
  • Hunter: (not started)
  • Mage: (7, 2 hours 1 minute)
  • Warlock: (not started)
  • Druid: (not started)
  • Shaman: (not started)
  • Priest: (not started)
[/INDENT]

Please, this challenge will only work if you are honest about when your character dies. Don't spoil it, it's only for fun anyway.
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 16 Apr 2008, 15:36

I got to level 7 on Moonglade... But hey, it could be a giggle!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Fereth » 16 Apr 2008, 17:12

Damn, I'd love to give it a go, but I got Alliance chars in Ravendholdt. Is there some loophole I could use?
Fereth
Rawr!

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 16 Apr 2008, 18:24

I'd talk to Majestico about what you could use as an alternate server (allowing some to go Alliance and some to go Horde would skew the difficulty, and we picked a RP-PvP server to make it interesting).
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 16 Apr 2008, 21:07

You picked a pvp server? That basically means the challenge ends as soon as you enter the Barrens and meet the alliance level 70 gank gang.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 16 Apr 2008, 22:12

that's what you think ;)

and actually, I wanted a PvE as it would allow more strategy...
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Romdjoll » 16 Apr 2008, 22:14

Darn it, I has alliance toons on Raveholdt. No thoughts on doing the horde guild vs alliance guild thingy?
Romdjoll

Topic/Postby Lintissa » 16 Apr 2008, 22:28

Okay, as I am pretty bored with the high level content and never have taken to BC I am in.

One thing, can we be exempt of deaths due to internet disconnects? It is pretty poor to loose conn then when you log back on you see your character is a ghost.
alis grave nil
Lintissa
Holy Smiter

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 17 Apr 2008, 00:12

Sounds like fun in a way but it can take loooooong when we have classes that can easily heal themselves and warlocks with soulstones... it would only be fair if soulstones/self ress wasn't allowed

Oh and you should add your /played to the score list...

And one shouldn't be allowed to play a class they have played seriously before... like me for instance if I were to join I'd have to make either a paladin a warlock or a mage...
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 17 Apr 2008, 10:12

Everyone plays every class Lil, one of each. Regarding those with Alliance alts on Ravenholdt... My suggestion would be to arrange between you an alternative RP-PvP server to do the Horde side on and if we do an Alliance version we can swap servers.

As for the resurrection rules... They will always be difficult to find a balance everyone agrees with. I don't think there is anything wrong with allowing self-res, especially on an RP-PvP server (Highest level I've heard someone survive to is 18) and especially as everyone is getting the benefit (that's why we're saying play one of each class).
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Next

Return to Events.