Explorers in the Mist

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Saelwyn » 15 Oct 2012, 16:24

Explorers in the Mist

Hey guys.

Not entirely sure if I'm meant to post this here or not, so apologies if this is in the wrong place for not a strictly guild member aimed event (or events), but here goes (copy 'n pasted from the official forums)...

[INDENT]"...And were it that I could look down upon the isles and regard them as might their maker, I would remark that as much mystery still lay ahead of me as when ships were first beholden to her hidden shores.

For while Kalimdor once, too, had lain shrouded in a cloak of secrecy, this new land struck me as more reminiscent of the haunted crags and crevices of Outland: inhabited at every turn by the strange and unfamiliar; revealed almost at once, like a portal to another realm."
[/INDENT]
'Explorers in the Mist' 1st Draft, Introduction
S. Grumwald

To whom it may concern,

Recent events - as you'll no doubt be aware - have led to a seismic and undoubtedly historic shift in the attentions of explorers and adventurers of all degrees of standing and credibility. I need not stress to you, the reader, the immeasurable significance of the discovery to which you've no doubt become aware.

As one of the foremost members of the field, I feel more than anything that a duty to the discipline compels me to lead where others shall no doubt follow. As such, with this letter to fans; new-found guild colleagues and newcomers to the genre, I proudly announce that work is soon scheduled to begin on my most groundbreaking work, 'Explorers in the Mist'.

The fourth, and what I'm certain shall be the best, work of my recognition-winning literary career, 'Explorers in the Mist' hopes to document the peoples and places of this wondrous new continent and to explore some of the mysteries so tightly interwoven within the fabric of its inhabitants' simplistic and alien culture.

To you, my colleagues, and indeed to any prospective explorer, I offer the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to follow in my footsteps and - perhaps - to stand on the shoulders of a giant as she treads new ground and delves deep into the heart of this new continent.

Yours,

S. Grumwald

Information

Hello there fellow Moongladers.

Lack of advertised Alliance roleplay on the forum aside, I've recently returned to the server (and, with it, roleplay) and am hoping to settle into my character as pro-actively as possible with a series of informal, exploration-based mini events.

Essentially, Saelwyn is a have-a-go author who until this point has treated her little-known career in 'writing' adventure books based around her person as more of a secondary line of income rather than a life's passion. Indeed, all three of her released books (each only finding niche readerships) were ghost-written and it's only now, on the cusp of a credible and mass-producing deal with a major Stormwind publisher, that she's really begun to embrace the discipline and to take the matter seriously (however warped by slight personality issues and narcissism that might be).

My idea is to follow a trail criss-crossing around the new continent and to advertise myself as open to roleplay at all times under this premise while also punctuating that with a series of low-key 'events' that focus around more specific goals or happenings - e.g. climbing Neverest or discovering a fabled artefact within one of the continent's ruined temples.

Aimed at any roleplayer who's interested (regardless of whether they choose to use the reasoning I've given them or instead involve themselves in some other way), the 'events' need not have set times or anything of the sort (I'm incredibly rusty as roleplay goes anyway) but they're more of a case of whoever comes along and wants to give something a little more structured a go.

Anyway, tell me if you're interested and level any criticisms you might have. This might be delayed until the patch due to issues concerning whether or not it's plausible for her to actually be there, but I'll clear that up in a later edit.

Anyway, at the moment I'm just looking to see if there's any interest or not. It's very easy-going rather than a strict, structured affair but hopefully it can spawn some nice roleplay and help form the basis for some follow-ups and future interaction.

If I arrange anything set (events wise) I'll post them below ahead of the time. Chances are I'll just write up some event ideas and people can just whisper me when and if they'd like to try them out on the fly rather than demanding people be on at a given time.

Thanks for reading folks.
Saelwyn
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 15 Oct 2012, 16:39

I'm free anytime for RP, at evenings! let me know when and where, and i'll be there!
I'll join with Arthuron, Druid, seeking to heal the land... so.. anytime!
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Saelwyn » 15 Oct 2012, 18:12

Good stuff! I'll try to set something up sometime this week, or possibly just when people are on.
Saelwyn
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Cherwina » 15 Oct 2012, 18:19

Due to my seemingly always full schedule, i can't say i'll be around for anything but i'm certainly interested to see what happens. If Cherwina, or for that matter any of my alts, bump into you then I'll bare this in mind.

Either way, welcome and don't feed the badger ;)
Cherwina
Druidess of Eldre'thalas

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 15 Oct 2012, 18:38

Do it.

I'm much more partial to impromptu little events such as you've described. There's much more chance of getting involved, instead of people clicking macros for an hour or two.

While I'm often busy these days, I'll definitely try to come along.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Claresta » 16 Oct 2012, 14:10

Sounds good to me, I hope to catch these events when I'm online.
Claresta
Pow! Chepi & Mikola.

Return to Events.