An evening at the Forge

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 15 Jul 2013, 16:01

I was playing Civ :Q
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Finna » 15 Jul 2013, 16:32

I promise I'll be there next month :)

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Finna » 19 Aug 2013, 16:53

OK! I think it's time again after two months :) SOOOOO... the 15th of september 2013 it's time again for a cozy evening around the firepit with friends! I still have to make the invite on the calendar ingame but just so you know :)

20:00h. in Ironforge. Place: Firepit.

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Finna » 02 Sep 2013, 08:39

Remember the 15th, then at least there's some RP on Moonglade again :)

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 02 Sep 2013, 08:59

It's good your reminded, wouldn't have remembered.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Finna » 16 Sep 2013, 07:17

Well, the event was a huge success, many showed up and we had a lot of fun and...

oh who am I kidding. Nope, no one was there. I sat with Finna and one of my alts for awhile on the edge of the firepit and then called it a day. Not even the few people who put "Accept" or whtever it says on the calendar were there.

Now I was told that I had to remind everyone about it. I will do so next time, although I did, but obviously not enough. You see, problem is, I was thinking that people would remember if they wanted to come, like I myself remember the events that I want to go to and take my own responsibility in that. I don't have to rely on other peoples' reminders, it's easy ofcourse, but I write it down or remember it or whatever but I take care of it myself.

But, I will remind everyone next time, as much as I can. And if then no one shows up again, I will cancel the event and probably not organise it again, since then nobody obviously cares about it.

Yes I'm mad. Once, on another server, I had 31 people (thirtyone!!) signing up on the calender. THREE showed up! If you don't know if you can come for certain, put tentative on the calendar. If you put accept on it, show up. It's that simple, really.

Now I'm not attacking anyone personally, I'm talking to everyone in general.
Seren said I should use the official forums next time.
I don't think I will and this is why: If you do that, non-RP'ers will come and try to ruin stuff. We've seen it in the past. I'm just inviting a few friendsguilds that I know RP. What I do now is invite the guildleaders and main people in a guild, hoping they will make an event on their own calendar.
Luckily I'm in a few of those guilds myself and every time I have to remember the guildleaders to make an invite on their calendars. Every bloody time. Is it that hard to make an invite on a calendar for a guild? Not looking at you Seren, you have put it on RnP's calendar many times now.

Just... this way it's not much fun to be organising an event. When Torm organises an event and Finna is invited, I put an invite on the Guards' calendar, even though the Guard was kinda inactive. But at least I did.

Perhaps I'm taking events too seriously, I don't know. Just needed to rant a bit because it hurts when you put effort into something and people don't show up.

Rant over. To everyone: Don't feel attacked personally. It's not meant as an arrow towards anyone in particular.

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 16 Sep 2013, 07:40

Finna, Next time people will show up
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Finna » 30 Sep 2013, 13:43

Ok, new chances! Sunday 13th of october 2013 at 20:30h
Place: Military ward, around the firepit.

Will place invites in the calendar tonight!

I usually only invite guildleaders so they can put it on their calendar again. Now I often notice those guildleaders don't put it on their calendars (not looking at you Seren). Is there anyone (also for other events, and perhaps for Torm's list as well) who wants to be invited seperatly? This I ofcourse will also ask the people in the other guilds. I've kinda had it with people not getting invites because their guildleaders don't put invites on their' guilds calendars, so I'm now asking people directly if they want to join the invite list.

Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 02 Oct 2013, 07:14

I'll put this on the calendar tonight.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 02 Oct 2013, 08:39

Finna, my list sadly does not exist anymore... after the summer it got erased by the server....

Tormeron
The soup master

PreviousNext

Return to Events.