A plea for help

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 27 Jul 2014, 17:51

A plea for help

So Stutter had a chat with us in the omgrp channel today, and he told me one of his guildies for a long time (who eventually became an IRL friend too), Vera/Elvira, is feeling a little down, stressed out and abandoned due to many of his old WoW RP friends have taken off for other pastures. So apparently he's considering quitting WoW, and Stutter doesn't want to lose a good RPer like this, which I understand, because this person still enjoys WoW.

So Stutter asked all of us for help to reach out to this person, and tell him that even if some old friends have gone, there's still plenty more that want to be his friend.

Now instead of us gradually and individually making contact over time, I had another idea. Stutter liked the idea, but I wanted to ask you guys too what you think.

How about we make the upcoming RnP Pub in his/her honor? Make them the guest of honor! I know most of us probably don't know this person at all currently, but any good RPer lost is one too many, so I'd like us to do this as part of the community and show them that there's still plenty of reason to stick around. :)

So what do you say, folks? Shall we do our part? :)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 27 Jul 2014, 18:01

Oh, and Stutter asked if we could have it as soon as possible, so would people be okay for 3rd of August? i.e. next sunday.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 27 Jul 2014, 18:03

... Who? ...

Stutter presented a list of characters and I have not seen or heard of any of them. Perhaps the rest of the guild has, and making him/her a guest of honour can work.

Me, sure, I'll have my usual drinks and antics but I certainly won't be tearfully asking a complete stranger not to leave WoW 'cause I care so much!

(I am obviously a bad person.)
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 27 Jul 2014, 19:54

Hm. Seems a little bizzare.

'Hi, I don't know you, please stay!'

But I know we need to do the bar event again, and were kinda' planning it. So, yeah, why not?
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Liandrix » 27 Jul 2014, 20:39

I'm up for it. I might be a bit late, then. like 21:30/22:00
"The motivation to study the Arcane should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.."

~ Loremaster Liandrix Emmot
Liandrix
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tess » 27 Jul 2014, 20:44

I will try to make it, but I might be out that day!
Tess
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 27 Jul 2014, 21:05

Yes, I have to admit I had the same feelings about doing it, since I don't really know this person either. But the thought struck me that the state our community is in (sparing, but those who are here are good RPers mostly), this is as good an opportunity as any to knit the community a little closer together and for us to get to know a few more people.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 27 Jul 2014, 21:36

Doooone!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 28 Jul 2014, 19:55

I've just heard a lovely song that'd probably translate well into RP. So I'll come out of retirement for a bit.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to Events.