Suggestion box

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 23 Feb 2015, 16:11

*Drops a suggestion box into the suggestion box, and quietly sneaks out*
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 23 Feb 2015, 19:02

Aroona wrote:7. Anything else you wish to add
Personally I'd like to see a slow background build up for a major threat while the forefront of the event being seemingly more social, perhaps training/sparring or more general meetings. Perhaps pairing or grouping up characters that don't often work together for smaller missions in between larger events.

I can't send small quantities of people into various missions since I can't be at multiple places at the same time.
I would have loved being able to be in multiple places at the same time, but that's impossible according to physics.

The slow buildup of a threat is something i shall try, we shall see how that goes.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 23 Feb 2015, 19:23

I have realized that I had been working under a big misunderstanding before starting this Northrend chain.

When I first heard/read about these new events during the guild meeting, I was excited: a peaceful expedition to visit various places in Northrend, do some sightseeing, maybe a few quick random one-off battles to keep things exciting. It was my assumption that the expeditions would not be tied to any big "chain" other than the overarching topic of "we are sightseeing in various zones". Hence the entire discussion about whether we would do the separate stages of the expeditions in real-time, flying to a new zone every Tuesday. I assumed we would be checking out one area, then wander back home for a week, then go back and visit a different area next week and have entirely unrelated adventures.

Then we reached Northrend and all of a sudden there was this thing about necromancers and skulls and staves. Okay, I thought, that's a bit of a starting battle for this zone. Fine, let's work with this. Kill zombies, break necromantic staves, track the black magicians, done. It was somewhat surprising when we failed to find the necromancers (I was assuming they'd be at the coast where the skull was leading us) and didn't wrap the situation up within that week. It was even more surprising when we made very little progress and failed to finish the necromancer plot on the second week as well. And now it seems that with this rate, it'll take at least 1-2 more events.

So I was wondering and pondering, what happened to the plans of a nice and simple, very lightly connected chain of expeditions? And where did that big necromancer plot come from?

Then finally I realized. It wasn't you (the DM) who spoke of the plan to have a peaceful sightseeing tour. It had been Arthuron the character. And the moment we set foot in Northrend, everything had simply gone the way of "Adrenus' Picnic" and poor Arthuron's plans had gone down the drain.

Now that I've figured that out, I can understand your surprise about us wanting to go back and forth. Were you always planning to have a long chain that lasts for several in-game days?
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Aroona » 23 Feb 2015, 20:20

Not all at once, there'd be random points during the week say you'd take one small group adventuring as Adrenus, then use another character to take a different group to a different but semi or unrelated area for another part of the story line then the main event on Tuesdays the groups meet up, exchange information and go do the big story. Might need some tweaking on the hows and when people are available.
Aroona wrote:All music needs more cannons
Aroona
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 23 Feb 2015, 20:25

I did, I didn't try to fool anyone with it, but what i plan ooc and what i do IC are two entirely disconnected things (for me at least)
When i play any character, what i speak through that character is just what the character is thinking or doing, and i couldn't say during the meeting "we shall go to that expedition and will not be doing that calm nice sightseeing tour because there is a chain of events about to happen when we get there.

To be perfectly clear, you could have decided not to hurry to find these necromancer and keep to the sightseeing and slowly advancing to this necromancer threat.

I was actually implementing a suggestion you made a few times a while ago, to not rush with the events, things will happen at their own rythm, which allows much more social RP to happen until we get to that final fight, or boss.

This expedition is unlike the previous events in that the journey there is more important than the end of it.
try and enjoy the journey and not so much hope for it to end and find out the end, since that isn't the idea of it all.
We are all doing this together to enjoy the RP along the way.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Ajulae » 24 Feb 2015, 04:55

A themed RP would be cool... Just thinking if we made a guild theme and carried out missions along with that, just needs high activity for it to work though...
Ajulae
Servant

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 24 Feb 2015, 11:57

Hard to define a theme for RNP, it has always had it's own style and RP, how do you define a group of people who each has his or her own style?
By what i know RNP is a casual RP guild, The RP events theme has changed much over the years, it began with trips then altered to light fun events, then altered to deeper events, and lately it is changing a bit into even deeper RP, more content, less fights.

If you can define this into a theme, well, we shall gladly call it thus.

But due to it's ever changing style, it's hard to define it's theme.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Ajulae » 24 Feb 2015, 15:58

Well it would need to be along with events that we do Tor, and since each person has their own job, you would call that Travelers group, but since people are able to travel from stromwind to Darnassus in 30 seconds(IC) It makes it a little complex...

It would just require when you choose to go IC to be where you left off IC location last time is all, a higher activity an focus on it, but I am not going to ask that of ya' ...

That is why, after this Saturday I will make an every day event ... But I can't stay up too late on weekdays, so would be early events... *pout*
But can be things with a Theme, like Ajulae will open a shop soon, and will go out find artifact, sell it, tell a story about it, drink about it... like artifact hunters.
Ajulae
Servant

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 24 Feb 2015, 16:10

erm, no one will come every day to an event Aju... not even people who love RP, since it's a bit too much.

I don't mind you doing so, I'm just warning you that you might have days when no one shall come due to them being busy or not in the right mind set or mood.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Ajulae » 24 Feb 2015, 16:18

I guessed that, but It wouldn't be "Event", but rather just drinks at a bar... no real story progress besides event day on Saturday/firday..
Ajulae
Servant

PreviousNext

Return to Events.