Special RP

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 17 Nov 2014, 09:40

Special RP

Greetings fellow friends,

This is not an event but a question if anyone wishes to join me, 1-2 people with me to do the quests together as we RP as we level together.
As you all know i don't like to level alone, i get quickly bored and leave my character the level it is.

Who wishes to join me for a long special road of RP across draenor to level 100?
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Shevron » 17 Nov 2014, 09:55

Re: Special RP

Don't want to be that guy, but with this expansion especially, I don't think it's that easy to keep an RP quest experience.

There's LOTS of phasing, single player scenarios, and a lot is based upon spending significant amounts of time managing your own personal garrison.

There's also choices at most main outposts where you choose the building the want, and players are phased out accordingly to their choices.

I mean you can try to RP the common areas, but it's going to be a very broken on and off experience.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 17 Nov 2014, 10:22

I don't mind being "that guy".

Unless you are real-life friends/family, like Zeneth and Gailia, this will simply not work. I'm not even going to say that this "might be difficult", I'm plain saying that this won't work.

Two casually acquainted people living in different countries and having different jobs/social lives have different schedules. If you want to play together through all the quests, you need to coordinate your entire leveling experience, the entire 10 levels. Three people? No way in Twisted Nether.

"Sorry, dinner time," says one of the party members, and goes away for 30 minutes. During those 30 minutes the other party member(s) cannot do any questing, as that would desynchronize the party-leveling-attempt. "Gonna need to work late today so I'll be arriving sometime after 10 in the evening." "Need to wake up early in the morning, so I'll be leaving before 11 in the evening," says the other. And so on.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 17 Nov 2014, 10:33

What Shev and Gergel said.

The combination of the game mechanics in this expansion plus the unique real life schedules just makes it impossible to level up together unless you live in the same house and are willing to adopt the same steps and decisions within the game.
Also, roleplaying all the way to level 100 seems like an herculean task in my opinion.

All in all, I believe that Draenor will be a very hard place to have RP events in, since a lot of places are phased accordingly with if you've done the quests in that area or not.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Topic/Postby Shevron » 17 Nov 2014, 11:44

And to top it all of, the quest and story lines this expansion are designed to make your character feel at the centre of the story.

It's very 1-player minded, and it's written so you feel that you're making the difference in the war, not just a moron handing in quests like a good peon.

Having 2 people in the whole thing would make things awkward.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Finna » 17 Nov 2014, 12:03

Torm, I think you'll find it all interesting enough to keep levelling :)
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 17 Nov 2014, 12:11

You are all wrong in my opinion, while some very specific stuff can only be achieved alone, most quests are "mainstream" and can be done together, regarding tbe time, it will be a predefined time and day/s

I have already successfuy done it with people before.
Phasing is only an issue if you quest seperately.
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Finna » 17 Nov 2014, 12:17

I know this is a bit offtopic but if you dont like levelling you can do it through dungeons or pet battles or go exploring first. You can also send out followers for XP quests but it will take a bit longer but basically you dont have to do anything for that :)
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 17 Nov 2014, 13:07

I like to level at my own pace.

Go to a zone, grab the quests, start doing one quest... Ooh! Bonus objective! Ooh! HERB!!! Ooh! Rare! Dammit, can't be arsed to level any more, logoff. Don't need to take anyone else into consideration. If I take a break, I know that no one else will be delayed because of that. And on the other hand, I will not need to wait for someone who gets a phone call, notices a mining node or has to go to the toilet.

Even though you believe that this sort of thing would work, Tormeron, I fear that you just might not find anyone to try it with.

(Oh, and Finna, the "XP" quests for followers that I've seen so far only grant bonus XP for the followers, not yourself. Unless there are objectives which grant XP for your character, that I've simply not yet seen.)
Shevron likes this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Alwynn » 17 Nov 2014, 13:34

Gergel wrote:(Oh, and Finna, the "XP" quests for followers that I've seen so far only grant bonus XP for the followers, not yourself. Unless there are objectives which grant XP for your character, that I've simply not yet seen.)

There are some missions that grant XP to your character but they're not that often.
Alwynn
Grrrroooaaarrrwwwllll

Next

Return to Events.