Twisted Endeavour (Part 2)

Random scribbles by Sarawr.

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 22 Aug 2008, 08:39

Twisted Endeavour (Part 2)

Rayaleith stood and closed her eyes, feeling the energies that was left in the room where they had kept M'uru for so long, before he was taken away from them. Squeezing the blade in her hands she let it cut her skin and the blood slowly soaked the blade, few drops falling on the floor after minutes of waiting. She let out a sigh and wiped the blade clean, bandaging her hands before pulling the gloves on again. One of the magisters that stood in the corner watched her carefully, knowing perfectly well why she did the same ritual every week. She stared the floor and eyed the few droplets of blood with fainted grin, another sigh passing her lips.

"What is it with the sigh so deep, Lady Rayaleith?" he asked her and came forth to collect the blood into a small vial he always carried with him. He kneeled before her, concentrating on this task but glanced up at her. He smiled. "I have heard that Master Shaoron has returned. Have you met him?"
"Oh, of course I have!" Rayaleith laughed heartily and smiled. "How would I forget him? I was there when I heard the blast near me and saw him."
"Didn't expect portals to be so unstable."
"Not always, mind you. He knows perfectly well what he is doing." She smiled and nodded gracefully. "I only wish he wouldn't have disappeared like that without notifying me. But I must return to other tasks now." Turning on her heels she began to pace forward, and he eyed her for a moment. "What about your brother?"
His question made her halt and she tilted her head a bit to look over her shoulder. Hatred in her eyes told enough. "He betrayed us." Rayaleith replied and walked out from the chambers, mounted her talbuk and sniffed the air with a frown. As she rode forward she recalled the past events that had occurred, wondering where her brother was, what Shaoron was doing and what happened to Xili after she left her. The previous day she had seen her, showing her what Verixa had taught to her, and that she didn't like. "Filthy," she muttered and shook her head. More than anything, she despised and hated warlocks, always left them alone. There was nothing she could teach to Xili, she thought. Like her brother, they were warlocks, and she hated all of them. "Filthy creatures." Rayaleith mumbled and glanced at the gates of Silvermoon before heading towards the Bazaar.

Many thoughts passed her mind but she didn't let them to built any concern on her shoulders. The yells and shoutings at the Bazaar indicated the wares going on well, or a fight to be about to start. Even that didn't trouble her as she rode around the Bazaar, watching the individuals in their tasks, spreading rumours and maybe even dancing. It was louder than it has been, or what she remembered about the place. However, her curiosity grew as she saw shadowy figure pickpocketing peoples pouches, and noticed that the figure never managed to achieve anything. As this figure went on, stepping out the shadows, she noticed her being young elf, not even hundred of years old, and wearing black leather, hiding her face carefully. She watched her as the rogue whistled, and the purple hawkstrider answered her call. She decided to follow her and found her resting at the Murder Row, concentrating to inspect the wares she had stolen from others.

Rayaleith remained silent, glancing at her inspectively and thought what had brought her to follow such an filthy creature. For long she was unnoticed but suddenly the rogue flashed her emerald green eyes at her and snarled, vanishing into the shadows. Rayaleith let out a sigh, rolling her eyes and commanded her talbuk to move on.
"What do you want?" she heard muffled voice speaking but didn't see the source and assumed it was that same rogue talking to her. "You are one of the paladins, I see..."
"Don't call me that!" Rayaleith snarled and took hold of her sword, tightening her grip around it while inspecting her surroundings. "Show yourself!"
She heard her laughing, apparently not accepting her request. "No, I won't. You can call me Nara, as you wish. And that is all you need to know." Nara laughed again, shifting uncomfortably side to side. "What are you then if not a Paladin?"
"That doesn't concern you, Miss Nara. And address me as Lady Rayaleith!" she shouted with commanding voice and there was silence at the row for a brief moment. "I will leave you know but next time I meet you my greeting is not as friendly as it is now, Lady Dawntracker," Nara growled, moving into safe distance and eyed the paladin inspectively. Rayaleith peered around frowning before loosing her grip around her sword and taking hold of the reins, leaving the Murder Row as quickly as she could, riding to the headquarters once again.

The magister sat nearby reading a heavy book that cover was filled with different runes glowing in fel green. He noticed her coming but didn't glance up from his book as she halted and dismounted, letting out a deep sigh.
"What is it now, Lady Rayaleith?" he smiled and peered at her. "Your sigh is ever so deep. Has something happened?"
"It doesn't matter now, Caleous." she replied, returning the smile and sat at the bench beside him. "I only met someone named Nara, that is all."
He glanced at her, pondering for a moment. "I don't know anyone with that name."
"Didn't expect that you would have." Rayaleith closed her eyes, leaning her back against the bench and smiled. Caleous smirked, returning to read his book, both unaware that a pair of emerald green eyes watched upon them from the shadows nearby.
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby Vennie » 28 Aug 2008, 08:48

Moar!
Vennie

Topic/Postby Shaejana » 28 Aug 2008, 11:32

Xili has had wash now so is not filthy and friends again! *cheers from inside the hedge she currently occupies*

[color="Red"][SIZE="5"]RAH![/SIZE][/color]
Shaejana
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 08 Sep 2008, 08:45

Several days later...

The evening before was ever so foul that made her frown as she glanced far to the north from the shores of Quel'Danas, taking a sip of the fresh water she carried with her and regaining her strenght while being surrounded by the corpses of the wretched she was there to kill for the Offensive. They had already awarded her with their tabard, for a small fee of course, and she was pleased to know that now they would recognise her everytime she walked around there.

It would seem she was concentrated on slaying these foul creatures but her face told different. She didn't seem to enjoy it and something else was troubling her mind. It was not that she tried to accept every other as they were, but the fact a member of the Council was planning for an assault to Southshore why she had politely disagreed with.

She inspected the corpse of the wretched, surprisingly finding a few coins from it and placed them in her coin pouch before moving on. The troll had said she disgusted him for being a coward and to that she frowned again, the hatred growing in her that she vented on the wretched as she didn't dare to attack any member of the Council. It is better this way, she thought, I will fight on my own, against the enemies we all have. Why would the Council agree for an attack on Southshore that is merely based on revenge of the lost battle? Dishonourable actions is being taken and I shall not be part of it. She let out a sigh, picking more coins and a rusted knife off the corpse to sell it to the vendors. Spotting a small bush of berries nearby she kneeled before it and picked them up carefully, noticing quickly that another wretched had spotted her as well. Swinging her Despair at it without remorse she ended its life and spitted on the corpse, sitting down on the ground nearby and looked for some bread and water again.

And I have waited to meet my brother. It has been so long when I saw him, where is he? she pondered, considering to send him a letter but she was unsure. Maybe it wouldn't do any good, she thought and yawned. It was early morning and she had barely slept at all. Picking up her sword again and charging forward at the nearby wretched she shouted at it: "I am no coward!"

Rayaleith took a seat from the bench, sipping her drink and glancing at the coming and going members of the Alliance and Horde delivering and selling their wares at the inn. She had returned the berries earlier and counted the coins given with an approval smile. It was a good profit and useful for the future. Closing her eyes for a moment she listened at the sounds and let out a sigh. After finishing her drink she began to read the scroll she was rewarded with and yanked herself to Shattrath, whistling for her wyvern and flied over to the Aldor rise.

"Here are some marks for you," she smiled and returned the few she had with her to Adyen. "Thank you," he nodded in approval and gave her a reluctant smile. "You have done a lot for us... being a blood elf." He eyed her up and down, frowning quietly.
"You know me, I have nothing to do with the Scryers."
"Very well, you have earned your reputation with us but you are still far from being fully trusted as one of the Aldor," Adyen said and waved his hand. "You are dismissed, Rayaleith."
She saluted him and left, playing with the signet ring of the Council in her finger and shook her head. They don't know what they are doing to the Council, the path they have taken is leading to its end already.
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Return to Tail's Tales