Rain

Take a look into the life of a not-so-ordninary servant of the light!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 21 Mar 2015, 23:21

Rain

So I wrote something. Enjoy :X

-------------------------------

Rain

“Rain. It’s funny how it can deteriorate one’s mood. On different levels too. From annoyance that you didn’t bring your coat, to something more akin to a spiritual ailment. - Feeling your heart sink deep, your thoughts travel to the unpleasant parts of yourself, the things you hide and the things you hate. It might be as if the rain was acid, only it is your soul that burns, rather than your skin.”
It was the rain alone that compelled me to speak this night. Here I was in my Stormwind home, alone. Aroona was in Draenor for the time being. I’d moved my armchair to the middle of the main room. Like a throne. - I found that thought amusing enough to smirk at. I sat here on my throne, in the dark, alone. From here I stared out through the open, narrow double-window near the ceiling above my desk at the far end of the room. Outside was the early spring rain.

“Yes. Rain sure has the power to bring you down.” I lit myself a tobacco roll, the match threw a brief blaze of light across the otherwise dark room, save for the moonlight that seeped in through the windows. “But... Rain isn’t just about brooding, or somber moods.” I looked down at the roll between my fingers, speaking to it as the only thing that kept me company tonight. “To me, it’s about remembering... Remembering the struggles within you. Not to let yourself be absorbed by the despair, but more like the tiniest bit of flaggellance, a small sting to make sure you never forget.” I took a long drag from the tobacco roll, exhaling the smoke up towards the moonlight. I crossed my legs and let my hand dangle slackly over the side of the armrest.
“And after the remembering... Determination. Determination to keep walking forwards, with your back straight. Determination to fix the things you did wrong, and to let the things you can’t fix be water under the bridge. In the end, that’s where the rain ends up too, - as water under the bridge.”

“Determination.” I nodded slowly to myself.

Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Sven likes this post.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 22 Mar 2015, 10:04

Nice, for some reason i find this drawing very amusing...
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Finna » 24 Jun 2015, 15:45

I have no idea what I see in the picture...

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 24 Jun 2015, 16:28

two months later... Finna posts, You didn't have a permission from the forum necromancer! Which is I!
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 24 Jun 2015, 23:24

Finna on 24 Jun 2015 15:45 wrote:I have no idea what I see in the picture...

It's Lil sitting in her chair with her back to us, looking up through the window.
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 25 Jun 2015, 08:29

I thought she was watching TV :P
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Lilandris likes this post.
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 25 Jun 2015, 10:41

It looks a bit like that when you say that xD

But I made it a little difficult for Aroona to draw it right, since I wanted the chair's back to be quite high. I kinda wanted the window to be visible too, but it just didn't turn out that way. :)
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 25 Jun 2015, 13:00

Lilandris on 25 Jun 2015 01:24 wrote:It's Lil sitting in her chair with her back to us, looking up through the window.

Pondering which one of her casual or closer acquaintances she might next cruelly hurt and backstab in a smug holier-than-thou, can't-do-no-wrong way, all the while externally keeping up a reputation of kindness and benevolence.

It's quite the evil-overlord-ish pose, the way she is sitting in that armchair. Befitting. Needs a white cat, though. Maybe Aroona in one of the lighter-coloured cat transformations, under the effects of baby spice and/or Noggenfogger.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
2 people like this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 25 Jun 2015, 22:47

I maintain Lil would have been an excellent villain if she was a "bad guy"
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 26 Jun 2015, 11:14

Your place is very dark... you should install torches or some other lighting.

Tormeron
The soup master

Next

Return to Lilandris the Lightmancer