cypher mismatch

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 28 Jan 2016, 23:35

cypher mismatch

Hey friends,

Recently I've had this strange issue where I couldn't load certain certified websites due to cypher mismatch or browser telling me that the session is not secured properly.

At the beginning I thought this issue was due to certificates not being up to date or something like that, or even websites that might be hacked, tonight suddenly google had this issue.

So I did a little investigation as to why it happens, apparently some Antiviruses have the ability to scan SSL traffic to check for viruses, but doing so actually makes the browser think there is a man in the middle attack and claim the cypher is mismatched or that the session isn't properly secured.

If you have an issue that certified websites don't show up properly, check your antivirus for scan ssl traffic and cancel it, see if that fixes the issue.

Have fun browsing
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 28 Jan 2016, 23:50

Or, y'know, just don't use such "security" software which rewrites your SSL sessions and deletes your files.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Tormeron likes this post.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 29 Jan 2016, 12:58

It didn't delete my files, just didn't allow them to change... or add
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Guides.