Forum bug reports

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 08 Jul 2016, 09:14

Sarawr, this happens under the following circumstances:

* There are at least two unread topics in a subforum.
* You click on the "go to latest unread post" button. This will show you the latest post on the latest topic. (The next-to-latest topic will remain unread.)
* You go back to the forum list and refresh.

What happens when you now click on the "latest post" button again is that you should be directed to latest unread post in the latest unread thread. However, instead you are directed to the latest unread post in the most recent thread. This latest post is in a thread which you have already read, therefore there's no "unread" message to show you, therefore you will be put on the top of the last page of the thread.

This "go to last unread post" functionality on the forum main page is not actually available in vanilla PHPBB and was added with a mod, which clearly has a bit of a logic error ("last unread, even if in an earlier thread" vs. "latest"). I'm sorry but I don't know how to fix that. If you run into the problem, you need to click on a specific forum to see the threads, and from the thread list page the per-thread "last unread" button works correctly.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Sarawr » 08 Jul 2016, 20:00

I guess I expected it to take me to the latest post in any case regardless of being read or not. At least that's what "latest post" to me would work like. I have only used it for wanting to go back to the latest post I have already read as I often check the unread ones that are listed under the "Unread posts" link (which now reads as "You have no unread posts"). Not being taken to the latest post feels a bit annoying.
Traest wrote:RP is like farting. If you have to force it, it's probably shit.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Sarawr

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 28 Sep 2016, 13:00

This issue affects all 3 of my browsers but only on a single thread called RNP creates a world
Browsers tested upon: Google chrome, Firefox, Chromium. (chromium has no addons or extensions)

A lot of the posts in this specific thread show up for me as just a single "_" character.
Howver the interesting part, when i copy paste that single character, at paste the whole text shows up.

Help?
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 28 Sep 2016, 13:08

Malformed [size] tags from old forum.

Sorry, all of these need to be fixed manually by the post author or a moderator, and speaking for myself, I CBA (as I am not interested in that thread).
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Shevron » 28 Sep 2016, 14:10

Went through the whole lot and fixed them.

*twitches*
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Dunnykin » 28 Sep 2016, 14:23

Yeah, I noticed this on my phone a while back, even took a screenie. Not a "_", if you zoom in you can see the writing is still there, just reallllly small. Meant to post about it :O
Pepple wrote:I haven't because breasts.
Tormeron likes this post.
Dunnykin
Enemy of the Tortoise

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 29 Sep 2016, 15:52

Dunnykin on 28 Sep 2016 15:23 wrote:Yeah, I noticed this on my phone a while back, even took a screenie. Not a "_", if you zoom in you can see the writing is still there, just reallllly small. Meant to post about it :O

Didn't actually zoom in, good to know though

Also, thanks Shevron and Gergel
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Shevron » 29 Sep 2016, 16:12

yeah different standards. Size on this forum is size=167 for that text size, and the migration from old forum was size=5
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 29 Sep 2016, 16:56

Shevron on 29 Sep 2016 17:12 wrote:yeah different standards. Size on this forum is size=167 for that text size, and the migration from old forum was size=5

only 162 sizes of difference, our eyesight must have really gotten worse to get such a difference in size needed to read :Q

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Toot » 01 Jan 2017, 11:02

I had a weird message appear when I tried to look at this forum last night that said something along the lines of "The owner of this page has passed their bandwidth usage, please try again later"
Toot
Plushie Superstar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion.