Warcraft IRL, Legion Invasion Event Test Today, Blue Posts,

Stay up to date with all the news regarding Warcraft, and anything related, courtesy of MMO-champion.com!

Topic/Postby Haggle » 02 Jun 2016, 17:00

Warcraft IRL, Legion Invasion Event Test Today, Blue Posts,

Week 1 Beta Keys: Winners have been selected, check the status page to see if you won.

The base WoW game is on sale for $5 as part of a summer games sale

Quin's GR 93 Clear with Uliana's Palm

Hearthstone Patch 5.0.0.13030 - Bug Fixes for C'Thun, Chat Bubbles, Evolve, and More!

Chromie Balance Patch - June 2nd, Unranked Draft Mode Preview

Overwatch Competitive Play Mode is not Delayed Until July - Still on Track for June!

Legion - Frost Death Knight Artifact Idle Visual

Frost Death Knights have a patch of ice that appears under them when they are idle. The ice breaks when they move again.

MMO-Champion Forums Moderator Recruitment

Good news everyone! We're recruiting moderators for the forums again! The amount of users and posts keeps increasing and we reached the point where we need some help before the trolls take over and play Whack-a-Mod in the Darkmoon Faire. I know it sounds fun, but I'm going to assume we don't want that.

Please be sure to read the entire post before applying!

Warcraft IRL: Capture the Flag Teaser

Legendary released a teaser for a Capture the Flag game video that is coming out today.

Legion Invasion Event Test - June 2

We saw a little bit of the invasion event back in December.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

On Thursday, June 2, starting at 4:00 p.m. PDT, we will activate a new realm in the Legion Beta. This Beta realm will be named “Level 100 Demon Invasions”, and it will be dedicated to testing the pre-expansion demon invasion event with as many testers as possible for approximately 24 hours. We expect to remove the realm after 24 hours.

We ask that all Beta testers please join us in focusing testing on the “Level 100 Demon Invasions” realm when it is available. While you may see demon invasions on other Beta realms, testing this content requires that your character remain at level 100, so we ask that you test on the “Level 100 Demon Invasions” realm only.

Please direct your pre-Legion event feedback to the Beta General Discussion forum, and please direct any feedback you have about other Legion subjects to the appropriate dedicated subforum.

Thank you very much! We’ll see you at the defense of Azeroth!

Blue Posts

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Skirmishes Available in Legion Beta

Thanks for your continued participation in the beta. We've been reading all of your feedback and appreciate your contribution.

We've decided to re-enable skirmish queues on beta so we can start getting some arena feedback on honor talents. Jump in there and let us know what you think.

Yeah we can't test anything until there's a moderate change in numbers especially with tanks and low end healing numbers.

The next build has a number of changes to reign in tanks in PvP, most notably Protection Paladins. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Overly-Chatty Bodyguards

I did notice on a world boss the other companions people brought did clutter up the screen with chatter. I'm guessing any time you have 20 people with bodyguards this is bound to happen.

Also, I love Kayn Sunfury and his "Never Surrender!" cry. Please don't change him. He's perfect as is and I don't find him too chatty (given it's once every couple of mobs that he'll even shoot out of the sky).

We will only adjust the permanent bodyguards. We are happy with how the others are playing out.

We will also take a look at those taunts and see what we can do to make them less frustrating. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Any words on the future of garrison invasions ? Will the mounts still be available in Legion ?

There will be no changes to the availability of these mounts and pets in #Legion. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets

Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Just curious, are the people on stage at Blizzcon for example actually programmers or just the idea guys?

Very few studios employ someone just as an idea guy. Even designers have to do work at the keyboard. (OccupyGStreet)

I'd definitely like being an 'idea guy', what do you 'do at your keyboard', Greg?

Design docs, scripting, hooking up art, changing data tables. A lot of email of course. (OccupyGStreet)

I'd ask about those things in greater detail but that would be a bit much outside of DMs, etc. What sort of scripting?

A lot of mechanics design on WoW and LoL (and doubtless many games) are scripted. (OccupyGStreet)

If you want to boost damage or damage coefficients, you can do that in an editor. (OccupyGStreet)

If you want to special case anything (e.g. bonus damage, set bonuses, weird interactions) you script in a language like lua. (OccupyGStreet)

Design isn't telling engineers how things should be. (OccupyGStreet)

It is trying to get shit to work and then going to engineers for help when you can't make it work. (OccupyGStreet)

Overwatch - Honest Game Trailers

Honest Game Trailers has released a trailer for Overwatch!

Final Boss - Arms Warrior Spec Preview

Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/573 ... ms-Preview
"I love the smell of nether in the morning. It smells like... ... victory"
Haggle
Rhyme News Reporter

Return to Warcraft News