I need a cable

For all your discussion needs regarding Warcraft and the world it resides in.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 14 Jan 2022, 18:45

I need a cable

Hi all.

I am looking for a USB C 2-metre (or 1.8m) extension cable.
Something like this.

I have been through every single tech-store on the island, and nobody stocks it.

Amazon, co.uk, .de, .it .. all present me with this bullshit:

My question is ... is anyone within Europe able to hook me up with one, for a shipping price that isn't laughable? Maybe we can work something out. Needs to ship to Malta.

Thank you in advance.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 14 Jan 2022, 19:14

As a private customer, sending packages to foreign countries is annoyingly expensive. I found a 17€ cable from one of our retailers. Then I ran it through the least expensive shipping provider I know of and got back a quote for 15.5€. So altogether, essentially the same as your Amazon total.

What are your feelings on AliExpress? Personally if I needed something relatively simple, like a cable, and I was not in a hurry, I'd just order it from China. Standard shipping usually takes less than a month to reach me. Something I needed quickly, I'd shell out more money and get it locally; if I had time to wait, I'd get it from Ali.
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Shevron » 14 Jan 2022, 22:09

I do get the odd item from AliExpress, but I've heard so many horror stories about sub-par USB C stuff from China that go up in flames given the wattages involved, that makes me a bit weary.

Prices there inc shipping are certainly ideal!

Double post merged on 14 Jan 2022 23:09

Lol est delivery date, April 18th.

I don't think so.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 15 Jan 2022, 10:45

Ouch. That's weird. Did you select the cheapest shipping option? If you can find something like "AliExpress standard", then it'll cost a few more euros but will have a lot quicker delivery. All the links I've checked show something like "From China to Malta via AliExpress Standard Shipping Estimated delivery on Feb 12".
What kind of sick individual burns a book full of perfectly good dark arts?!
- Darkscryer Raastok
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 15 Jan 2022, 13:11

Would you get clobbered with duty if I sent it from the UK? I'm guessing this Brexit bullcrap makes it that much more hassle.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Shevron » 17 Jan 2022, 15:47

Heh ... was walking in a street I don't usually frequent, and spotted one of these little corner stores with no online presence.

Thought I'd try my luck .. and holy smokes they had exactly what I needed!
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 17 Jan 2022, 17:25

:C
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Return to General Discussion.