Tormeron's events

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Gergel » 25 Sep 2014, 15:12

At first I thought, what the hell is going on with the farmers, they're acting really weird. Mood swings from being extremely rude one moment, then next moment begging us to bring back the children, then calmly talking about Mr. Pier, then going back to extreme rudeness.

Then I realized, the lady was going crazy with worry, of course she would not be thinking nor acting straight.

Nice work there, Tormeron.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 25 Sep 2014, 15:23

I try to add what i think natural to people, sometimes it's hard to make it happen.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 03 Oct 2014, 17:42

The new recap has been posted. I tried something different this time, sort of a stream-of-consciousness thing through Thelarwen's eyes. I hope it's not too bad.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Gergel » 03 Oct 2014, 17:57

I almost didn't have any subject matter for a critique this time. The event was great. Others besides Thelarwen and Lilandris got a chance to shine. Thel did not get hurt, which was surprising. Serendipity did get hurt, which was even more surprising, as she is usually one of those who comes out of everything without a scratch and often without even a hair out of place. Only mumbling "I could have been in the pub." The battles were well-paced, none of them felt like a drag that just makes one go "can we please get this over with and move on?"

Sadly the final battle with the giant rat just... felt out of place. The climax of the event had passed. We had killed the risen knights, destroyed the unholy entity and cleared the Cathedral's basement and crypt. That would have been an excellent time to finish. Even the time was not yet too late. We might even have had a quick bar visit to relax after the battle.

The rats coming in after the climactic battle just felt like filler. Sure, the Witch Rat King looked like it was trying to talk to the group in the end, and if the group had been different (perhaps full of nature-loving druids and nice friendly Gergels), maybe they would have stopped and tried to communicate. But with the hour being late, everyone being tired, many group members being extremely trigger-happy (especially because the Witch Rat King was preceded by an attack of blood-thirsty normal-sized rats), there was practically zero chance of that happening. So it ended up just being another battle that felt like it had no real connection to anything else.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 03 Oct 2014, 19:32

Gergel wrote:The rats coming in after the climactic battle just felt like filler. Sure, the Witch Rat King looked like it was trying to talk to the group in the end, and if the group had been different (perhaps full of nature-loving druids and nice friendly Gergels), maybe they would have stopped and tried to communicate. But with the hour being late, everyone being tired, many group members being extremely trigger-happy (especially because the Witch Rat King was preceded by an attack of blood-thirsty normal-sized rats), there was practically zero chance of that happening. So it ended up just being another battle that felt like it had no real connection to anything else.

They were connected, you all just were tired, so investigation was annulled by killing the big rat.

And i know the rats were anticlimactic, but i stuck them there for a reason.

In order to build future events i need a background story.

Just a correction in your story, you wrote Siaraa attacked Adrenus, it was Claraa
You actually wrote it correctly later in the same paragraph, so I'm guessing you just wrote the wrong name.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 03 Oct 2014, 19:37

Next event on tuesday 7th of October 2014
name: If it can go wrong....
lead by: Lucillia, Adrenus
Type of event: serious
meeting at northern stranglethorn
Description:(soon to be added)

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 03 Oct 2014, 19:57

Tormeron wrote:They were connected, you all just were tired, so investigation was annulled by killing the big rat.

A bunch of rats had just attacked us. They almost killed Equanimity. Then the big rat showed up and also attacked us, before suddenly trying to talk to us in the rat language. Even if it had been someone whom we could actually understand, it would have taken a silver tongue to make us stop our attacks (at that point we were quite prejudiced against rats) and listen. With an unintelligible rat, not a chance.

Tormeron wrote:Just a correction in your story, you wrote Siaraa attacked Adrenus, it was Claraa
You actually wrote it correctly later in the same paragraph, so I'm guessing you just wrote the wrong name.

You are quite correct, my apologies. For some reason I just keep confusing these two names. Siaraa wasn't even in the event. I've fixed the names in the story.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Tess » 03 Oct 2014, 20:38

I almost didn't have any subject matter for a critique this time. The event was great. Others besides Thelarwen and Lilandris got a chance to shine.

I would have to disagree with this. To me the event felt more focused on Thelarwen, more of her actions being noticed and reacted to rather than some others in the group, including myself. Yeah Thelarwen is always in the front jumping in and what not but at last night events there were several times a few of my emotes were noticed and of course I know you can't respond to all actions as I understand it's hard and you may miss a lot. However personally I didn't feel as included in the event last night as other events. In addition, when Lil arrived, her actions were also being followed more often than others...Yes I understand that because of the Undead situation that a Priest and a Death Knight may relate more to the situation, but I just wanted to let you know how I felt in yesterday's event. Sorry if I was disrespectful in any way.
"I shall protect Darnassus to my dying breath"
Tess
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 03 Oct 2014, 21:01

Tess wrote:I would have to disagree with this. To me the event felt more focused on Thelarwen, more of her actions being noticed and reacted to rather than some others in the group, including myself. Yeah Thelarwen is always in the front jumping in and what not but at last night events there were several times a few of my emotes were noticed and of course I know you can't respond to all actions as I understand it's hard and you may miss a lot. However personally I didn't feel as included in the event last night as other events. In addition, when Lil arrived, her actions were also being followed more often than others...Yes I understand that because of the Undead situation that a Priest and a Death Knight may relate more to the situation, but I just wanted to let you know how I felt in yesterday's event. Sorry if I was disrespectful in any way.

Uh huh.

I went tapdancing halfway though but Brother Crowley wasn't very good.
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 03 Oct 2014, 23:22

Tess wrote:I would have to disagree with this. To me the event felt more focused on Thelarwen, more of her actions being noticed and reacted to rather than some others in the group, including myself. Yeah Thelarwen is always in the front jumping in and what not but at last night events there were several times a few of my emotes were noticed and of course I know you can't respond to all actions as I understand it's hard and you may miss a lot. However personally I didn't feel as included in the event last night as other events. In addition, when Lil arrived, her actions were also being followed more often than others...Yes I understand that because of the Undead situation that a Priest and a Death Knight may relate more to the situation, but I just wanted to let you know how I felt in yesterday's event. Sorry if I was disrespectful in any way.

First of all I'm sorry you feel that way, i honestly am.

Just to be clear i do not prioritize one's actions over another's.

Yesterday had a few issues that i failed to address correctly:
1. the group was too big for those lil catacombs... (learned for next time)
2. I have an issue sometimes that i have a wall of emotes before me, in order for me to actually react i need to read through all of them which sometimes doesn't work quite well due to the wall keeping going down.... I lose emotes on the way and by no mal-intention get focused more on the last emote, or the one i read.
3. (not quite related to me but still worth noting) I don't want to sound rude, but if I fail to read your emote, do tell me, Thelarwen did so too when i missed the emote.

4. and more important than all the previous ones, it may include some bits of other notices: This event was originally planned for much fewer people, since most told me they won't be making it, I cannot plan a large scale event for 4 people confirming, since it won't be fun for those people, yesterday was honestly a size mistake, I organize differently for large groups....

Attention: I know it can sometimes seem focused on player X or player Y, It isn't, each of my events have three solutions minimum in mind, and the focus of the events is the RP, so disagreeing with someone and stopping the group from going forward a moment longer might make your RP better or add another side to it all.

For example: if you hadn't noticed your arrow hit the knight's skull and it made him die instantly as opposed to Thel's attacks, there is a reason to it, the spirit that was attacking you all could have been destroyed differently too, or fixed for that matter....

Tess, this isn't to blame you for this, but you need to understand I do try my best to read everyone, but I'm human, and I can't keep up with that amount of emotes in one fight that was meant for 4 people.

As i wrote, i learned from this event for future events, hopefully it shall be the last time you complain about that.

no event is made in focus of a single player and / or character!

P.s. This is not an attack or defensive post, this is my explanation for the event's mistakes, do not get offended by any of it, since it's not meant to offend.

If you have any more questions about or requests for future events, please post below and i shall try and take it all into consideration

Tormeron
The soup master

PreviousNext

Return to Events.