Suggestion box

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 04 Nov 2014, 23:01

Suggestion box

Hey friends,

Tonight you've experienced an event that was as per suggestion from Serendipity, a mystery to be solved. almost no fight happened appart from a few rats and a few mice.

I know you all find it much easier to just attend the events and do nothing to actually make them happen, and i don't mind it at all, but appart from Gergel and Claresta's feedbacks i'm getting very little other feedback.

recently i learned through serendipity that she'd like a different kind of events every now and again. So i shall do so, i need more feedback to do stuff the rest of you want as well. Don't be shy saying what you don't like and what type of events you like more.

I won't do everyone's favorite events every time, but it shall give more variety to the events types.

You are all hereby welcomed and asked to please fill a feedback every week or every few weeks about the events

below are some answers that can help me if you answer them after every event:

1. What event are you giving feedback to? (some minor description if no name was given to the event)

2. From 1 to 10 how fun was the event for you? (1 being horrible, 10 being out of this world)

3. What parts of the event did you like most? (not about the RP that went on, but about the event itself, my descriptions etc.)

4. What parts of the events did you find to be lacking or bad? (not about the RP that went on, just the event itself)

5. Rp-wise, what went well in your opinion? what parts do you think should be used again?

6. RP-wise, What went badly, or felt lacking? what parts do you think should be removed forever or less?

7. Anything else you wish to add

P.s. please put the number next to the answer you give so i can follow what you are giving feedback to.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Finna » 05 Nov 2014, 09:36

1. Event yesterday but also the others like it.

7. I'll just put it in one bit of information: I'm not the one for events where you stand around and imagine everything that happens. In tabletop RP that's ok, you use your imagination but in WoW, it somehow looks silly standing there with a group, RP'ing in raidchat or /say but seeing things that aren't there and interacting with things you can't interact with, and frankly just repeating what you tell us to say or do. That's no comment towards you but in the beginning it's enjoyable but to me it grows a bit boring after awhile. For example, there was a rat in Milli's hair. Fine, I jump around and throw a spell here and there but I have the luck to have a spell that doesn't need a target so I can actually use it. People emote things about rats and being in their hair and stuff but in fact, all we do is stand around and walk towards a point and walk back.

I hope you understand where I'm going, since I do like the events you make and I really do appreciate all the work you put into it, but these events just aren't my thing. I think I'll be more at the thursday events like the street auctions and such.

Please dont see this as comment Torm, its just me who's not really into these events, not at all your fault. But just so you know why I'm not many times at these kinds of events. Its just not really my thing.

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 05 Nov 2014, 09:59

I don't think your comments are to be taken as criticism to the events itself really.

I'm sure Torm understands that his events aren't for everyone, and everyone has his/her own preferences what RP should be :)

I share the same opinion as Finna really - after attending a couple of events, I decided that they were not my cup of tea, so abstained entirely.

Not saying they're bad, as many people enjoy them, but they're not my kind of thing.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Gergel » 05 Nov 2014, 11:35

Sadly WoW is not a game that lends many storytelling tools to people who want to create events and tell stories.

We can walk around in the environment and pretend to interact with ingame NPCs and monsters. NPCs won't react (someone harasses me IC, I could run to a guard, but the guard will just stand there and do nothing), and monsters do their normal "aggro, run, get killed" thing. If the character is level 90 and the area has low-level monsters, then the battles won't really be battles.

We can stand or sit around and tell stories. Of adventures we had offscreen. One must imagine an interesting adventure; a story of how you pulled one pack in dungeon, then another, then the boss, then got purplez, would be extremely boring. So it would end up being similar to a Tormeron's "imaginary event" except with no interactivity.

We can have strictly PC-to-PC interaction, and this is what tends to happen in the cities. How long before no one is able to come up with an interesting topic and we end up sitting in a pub in silence?
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 05 Nov 2014, 12:24

I never have trouble with having to apply my imagination to things, I do it constantly anyway. And segwaying off what Gergel said, it's just as well to RP that a man is in the room, than "interact" with an NPC. Hell if we get down to it, NPCs don't really talk to us either, a box containing text pops up when we interact with them. My point here is that almost all aspects of WoW require some level of imagination. As such, I personally find Finna and Shev's issue very strange, but that's just me.

Aaaaaanyway. This isn't really what this thread is for methinks :P

As for my two cents towards Tormeron: A general suggestion really, it would be nice to see a few more events of a more casual nature, such as the street auction for example. I'm reminded of our trip to Stranglethorn where suddenly our hair was full of maggots and naga and goodness knows what else. What Adrenus had technically planned for that evening was a quiet picnic evening, and while I can only speak for myself, I'd have been just fine if nothing had happened that evening after all and we'd all just enjoyed a relaxing time in Stranglethorn. :)
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 05 Nov 2014, 12:48

I think Finna's and Shevron's issue is with having to completely imagine something (whether it is a tiny mouse, a man, or an acid-breathing undead ogre), versus having a point of reference ingame (an actual NPC standing in the world, although it won't have custom interactions with us).
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 05 Nov 2014, 12:53

Yes I know, I still don't see the issue myself :P
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Shevron » 05 Nov 2014, 12:56

As I said, it's personal perspective.
"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
Shevron
Resident Grump

Topic/Postby Finna » 05 Nov 2014, 13:21

It's something else if we're going somewhere, it's the "standing around" part I mean. In the beginning it is fun, but for me it usualy ends in just standing around and watching, once in awhile saying something but overall just standing there. Perhaps if we travelled around a bit, perhaps that was the case in the times I wasnt there, I dont know, but yesterday we just stood in the inn.

[Liandrix] says: On a scale from one to ten... what is your favourite colour from the alphabet?

All Druid forms have been converted to .PDF.
Finna
Rhymer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 05 Nov 2014, 13:36

Alright, points taken.

Might i have some feedback on yesterday's event though, apart from Finna's feedback?
Though i appreciate any feedback, more than one normally helps me more.

For example, some people find a certain event great, while other people don't etc....
I try to balance out my events, change them as time passes, but i need feedback to know where the wind blows, that's the whole idea of this thread.

Please use the questions i've asked, you can skip those that you don't have a feedback to input at, but those questions would help me go with what you all feel most applicable or desired at the time.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Next

Return to Events.