RP tips

Perhaps you've written a guide on a class or profession you want to share. Maybe you're an expert on mods and addons and want to share a guide you've made. If so, here's the place to do it!

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 30 Apr 2012, 15:42

Greetings Fellow people,

Notice: the Tips for RP are only guidelines for better RP, it doesn't mean you have to follow every one of them to the letter

I've decided since i've started on the first one of these tips, i shall do a whole series, each time focusing on another
aspect of RP pros and cons etc.

this time i wish to deal with IC (in character) knolledge VS OOC (Out Of Character) Knolledge.
Some players forget that in the game mechanics there are some problems with the RP, such as nameplates showing above the person's head

here are some advices on how to RP your character:

1. ignore nameplates if the character you meet has never met your character face to face, meaning introduce yourself, and wait for him/her to introduce him/herself. this can be achieved easily by either /greet and then typing something like "Greetings Sir, i am [name], and you are?"

2. to Classify or not to Classify, though some extraordinary people have ESP (Extra Sensory Perception), not all of us have it, when a warlock/death knight/ Mage walks into a bar, it would be improper to say something like "Greetings Warlock" when you have never seen him preform any "warlocky" acts, there is no GIANT banner above his head saying "Im a warlock, Hate me!" or something similair, remember you behind the screen know the truth, but your character is NOT you, it's your character, an alter ego if you will, it has not your knolledge!

3. Levels, Seasons, Or any other way you wish to say it, Your character Does NOT know how experienced he is, it's something relative as einstein put it, such as you cannot say in RL i am 400 skill in cooking, because there is no such thing.
you wish to say you are a seasoned warrior say something like "I've allready passed many winters fighting"

4. this one is for those who do wish to say any of the above while playing Wow, use the Whisper channel! or Party channel.
it will seem a lot more RP professional than saying it out loud in say

that's it for today friends,
Enjoy your Time Rping!

Yours Truly,
Torm!
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Guides.