Open RP events: Q&A

Perhaps you're organising an event, or maybe know of one, here's the place to let the world know.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 03 Sep 2014, 21:54

Open RP events: Q&A

Greetings fellow friends and guests,

It has come to my attention, by a number of people that you assume my RP events are preset and predetermined, it's a bit hard to explain exactly how I plan my RP events, but i shall attempt to do so, please feel free to ask anything about the subject below so you shall fully grasp what i mean by "open".

About the planning of such an event:

When i plan these events it's unlike planning a regular event since i honestly don't know what you will do or what conclusions you shall reach, i need to adapt and have some stuff ready in case you all don't reach the same conclusions i had planned.

I plan the event in a very broad way, meaning i try not to get too caught up with specifics regarding if they do X do Y etc...

I write down a storyline that goes all around the world of warcraft, not just in the certain area you currently are going through, meaning that even if you leave the zone I will still have quests for you around, some might be more active filled others more relaxed.

Telling you that you have a free choice as to what to do, i do mean it, while i might limit certain stuff for the benefit of it sounding plausible or not "world breaking". If you shall decide to attack Varian, you'd most likely not be able to actually kill him due to it being "world breaking".

Questions? anything at all about it, lay it down here and i shall try and tackle it one by one to explain my way of creating an open RP event and what it means.

please excuse me if i have grammatical mistakes.

Please number the questions so i don't miss a question inside the text by accident.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Events.