End of Passwords

They're watching. All the time. Everywhere.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 25 Jun 2015, 21:43

once again, I didn't say I will not consider making it open source, just give me time to think about it a bit.

Also, the passgen is different from keepassx by not possessing a storage,

the 2 keys password generator is that so there is no predefined key by which to rotate the passwords, they are rotated by your own key.

the idea of the words on the side are just suggestions to what you can use that password for.

let's give the following example:

My password is: password (since im dumb)
and my key is: gmail (since i want to use it for gmail)

it will give me 4 diffferent keys to use for gmail

now say i want a password for facebook that is unique, i shall use my same password "password"
but change the word to "facebook" this way, i won't have to recall 2 passwords, but just the service it is for and the password i can remember.

Using keepassx uses a storage system which in the end is it's weakness, having a database (whether encrypted or not) can be hacked, having none removes the chance of your database being hacked.

it's like saying i'll buy a safe to hold my precious keys for all kinds of doors, now i'll place all the keys in the same safe hoping that the security of that safe is strong enough

with my program i don't rely on a safe to hold it, I've hidden each key behind a different safe, meaning someone will have to guess where your safe is and then also guess the combination you used (ofcourse there are no actual database files saved, but it's just for the demonstration)

-- 25 Jun 2015 22:43 --

Also, Gergel I'd love it if you would explain what you meant by the short passwords thing, I could perhaps solve the issue you are referring to, but i can't quite understand what you meant, the program is not supposed to create more than 4 passwords.

If you'd like i could create you a container for your keys in a 4096 encrypted database, though theoretically takes forever to crack, all you need is to know the one password that person uses, I really don't think building stronger walls for the safe is the way to go with protection of my passwords.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Tinfoil Hat Members' Club