End of Passwords

They're watching. All the time. Everywhere.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 26 Jun 2015, 11:09

I'm not trying to argue what you should use, I'm just trying to provide a safe alternative for all those people who want an alternative.

Code: Select all
Your program can be made to regenerate all the relevant keys just by knowing the user's password, and figuring out the application naming schema they use.

Sure but in the case of your program anyone knowing your master password would have access to your entire passwords list.

in addition I've thought of another issue some people might have with a password generator and storage, Unless you pass on your container of keys to another computer, you won't have your keys on other computers, basically if you are abroad and wish to access your facebook and it's one of those generated passwords saved on your computer, you won't be able to access it.

There is no fool proof way to do a password generator to be 100% secure, no matter how complicated you make your program, this way, even hacking into your computer won't provide you with the keys of your programs / websites.

You did provide with some good advice which one of them Shev already gave me but i forgot to change it.

1. remove the labels of the passwords and change it to "password 1" "password 2" and so on.
2. add a go back button

Just for you to know, I'm not trying to argue with you, if you like your way, stick with it, I do thank you for advice and ideas for my program. It might not be perfect, but it's way better than using the same password everywhere (for some people who do it)

Most people don't use a password manager and just use in a good case 2-3 passwords divided amongst websites. those that do use a password manager once they lose their HDD someday are stuck with not having access to their passwords. My program does provide for an alternative that doesn't depend on whether a password manager is used or not, anyone can have access to their keys whenever they want.

if you know someone's base password then they are stupid to have shared it, truly. I can't help stupidity. :Q
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Tinfoil Hat Members' Club