Windows 10 auto upgrade

They're watching. All the time. Everywhere.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 10 Dec 2015, 12:21

Windows 10 auto upgrade

Greetings fellow friends,

Here is a short guide how to avoid having microsoft auto upgrade your system to windows 10 without your consent.

Microsoft has decided to take it one step further the project of moving everyone to windows 10 by adding the upgrade to the recommended updates in windows update service.

If you are happy with the operating system you have and have no wish to get the upgrade automatically this guide is for you!

1. Click the start menu and type in the run box "windows update" (alternatively you can click the windows key on the keyboard + R and type "wuapp.exe" in the run box)
2. Once the windows update window pops up, go to change settings on the side menu.
3. uncheck the "Give me recommended updates the same way i receive important updates"
Optional: If you wish to stop getting updates automatically and choose which updates you wish to receive, change the box from "install updates automatically" to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Return to Tinfoil Hat Members' Club