The dark figure story

Crazy with impeccable logic that makes no sense, Short stories and adventures for your enjoyment

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 13 May 2012, 22:02

The dark figure story

After posting the event earlier I've gotten into talks with Lilandris and decided i would like to tell a story of this dark figure, though i am already warning, not many details will be revealed in the following story in parts, it's more of another side to it, but not revealing it's identity.
This will be a bunch of short stories.

The weather was warm, warmer than anyone would have liked, most people either strolled about the city lazily or found a nice patch of grass to lie on, some hid in inns and cooler spots from the warmth.
It wasn't summer yet, the heat was filled with humidity.
On the road hooves could be heard moving in a hurry.

A boar or two could be heard squealing as a quick hit with a sword killed it, the cut clean, quick and efficient.

Although the heat, the figure walked with it's hood up and covering it's facial features or any part of the figure at all.
Passerby would describe the figure as a dark robe with no face walking about seeming undisturbed by the heat.

Unbeknownst to anyone, it was sweating in the heat, it chose to walk in the heavy dark robes. It wasn't disturbed by the farmers and adventurers watching it. slowly it drained the blood from the boar into a vial it help in it's gloved hand, corking the vial up once filled.

Slow beads of sweat went down it's forehead and a drop of sweat fell onto the heated ground, evaporated immediately.
The figure looked slowly around, took it's sword slowly out of the boar.

The figure got up on it's horse's saddle with veteran's skill, it rode in silence for a long time to come, it hurried towards the docks.
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

serendipity wrote:Reason: Potato.

Events stories, Torm's events thread Suggestion box
Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 13 May 2012, 22:05

feedback would be most welcomed
Lilandris wrote:Liandrix' words not mine, but Tormeron is a god apparently. Probably a bit like Loki.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Gergel » 13 May 2012, 22:27

Methinks this story needs more Image.

Also, it should probably go to the subforum dedicated to stories.

Other than that... I'm afraid there's not much to feed back on yet. I await further development.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Serendipity » 13 May 2012, 22:44

AS IF BY MAGIC....!
Serendipity
Blorgh.

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 14 May 2012, 09:55

I've arranged the shifts! (joke there... Doh!)

"magic has a very strange way of making things appear to be magical even when they are not" ~ Me

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 14 May 2012, 13:52

"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic" - no idea who said it

Anyway, no more derail!
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Gergel » 14 May 2012, 15:31

Lilandris wrote:no idea who said it

That would have been Arthur C. Clarke.
Gergel
Gergel Cosmic Smash!

Topic/Postby Lilandris » 14 May 2012, 15:57

Thanks
Signatur defekt, techniker ist informiert
Lilandris
Lightmancer

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 23 May 2012, 10:15

story continued

The hooves beat against the warm ground, a dust cloud formed behind the rider.
A passing human merchant passing by yelling at the passing rider to be more careful.

A sweet fragrance following behind the rider, it's hood raised upon it's head looking neither left nor right, it's robes all in black, flapping about in the wind. The gates of the city open to accept visitors, two sleepy guards standing at their posts looking intrigued at the figure riding into the city, not quite caring who it was just that it wasn't horde.

Some peasants near the gates lounging about under trees could be heard complaining about the dust cloud gathering about them. Some whispering amongst themselves about how rude or unfriendly it is not to show any kindness to them.

The rider passed by the streets of the city quickly, left it's horse standing near a house overviewing the docks. It knocked in a peculiar matter on the door, a blonde haired woman opened the door, wearing red robes about her, a staff which seemed to swallow the light around it at hand.
The woman looking slowly about the rider, not allowing it yet to enter the house.

After a minute the blonde said calmly “your late”, the rider seemed unphased awaiting something. The blonde took out a sealed letter to the rider and closing the doors behind her.

Tormeron
The soup master

Topic/Postby Tormeron » 26 Jul 2012, 22:20

It has been a month since the first animal was left bloodless, 2 weeks since the draenei was found collapsing on the cathedral's floor.
the dark figure stood in complete silence in it's lair, kobolds seemed to want to protect the figure from harm.
Two ill prepared heroes walked into the lair, awaiting no more than a lone figure with some power, but they would never have captured her then, she knew of their arrival long before they entered the cave. She has hired an assassin to try and kill the druid, he was so close to the truth when he first ventured near her.
he almost knew she wasn't who she claimed to be.

"Damn those night elves, Soon though master they will all beg us for mercy when their precious light will crumble to the ground"
A dim image projection of a person was held in the cave, shadows flickered in the cave seeming to emanate from the amulet the figure wore.
The figure took hold of her amulet and said some dark incantation words before being teleported to the library of Stormwind.

At first she was confused why she was there, but her master was not far from her leaving her things to do, she didn't have much time, they would soon be there too.
She had made sure of that, it was all in her master's plans.

When they've gotten to the library they were already too late, she had all she needed, it would take time, only time to execute her plans.
"time is of no consequence to me, I am darkness, eternal" she said to herself as she took hold of her amulet to teleport herself off from danger as the adventurers showed themselves in the library.

As she got back to her lair she took great care to check upon whether they've gotten the bait from the librarian before going to prepare for next week.
her master was in the lair, though she had no idea he was watching her, shaking his head before teleporting himself off of the lair without any words.

It was an error that lead to the unfortunate end of the plans of her master, she made sure to study the powerful spell to the word, she also made sure to wait for the heroes to arrive to her lair once again. so they would be as far from the cathedral than she can before starting her incantation in the cathedral.

It seemed all too easy, the plan worked all too well, even the druid was knocked out with one of her maces. though one thing she had not anticipated was the speed of recovery of the two other adventurers.

They appeared just as she was finishing the last verses of the enchantment on the cathedral, the enchantment wouldn't be instantaneous, it would take time for it to take hold of the people in it.

it was meant to slowly corrupt the believers of the light, swaying those unsure first into the midst of shadow believers then slowly even the strongest minds would succumb to it's magic.

The enchantment was halted at the last sentence, the consequences of this are unknown.
it might work slowly or it might have failed completely, she wasn't ready for them.
She saw she wasn't what they expected, they expected something else, a death knight perhaps, an undead. of course they didn't know her true nature.

she almost had them if not for the light's help, she had almost had the power to kill them both but something seemed to seep at her power. She immediately know what was happening, her master was letting her die, she had failed him.
She tried to fight it by shooting a dark bolt at the Draenei, but instead of a strong bolt a small mild one shot out, easily deflected by the Draenei, the Paladin from behind hit her with her sword on the head once, though the hit seemed to have little effect, her shield then hit her head on the back, the light of her holiness hit something deep beneath the magic shields she conjured.

Her life was at an end, the darkness sensing it's eminent death, tried to possess another body, failing before dissipating into the air.

A sole trap was left lying on the body of the previously dark figure, it was the reason it all started, the dark amulet.

it couldn't be truly destroyed, though it vanished somewhere after it was touched, has the master retrieved it? or has it's magical powers taken itself away to find a better body to corrupt? who is the "master"?
Only time will tell...

Tormeron
The soup master

Next

Return to Tormeron the Insane